The Preliminaries are Done for Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2003, 09:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My tickets have been purchased. My hotel has been booked. My new passport has arrived. Now I can get down to planning my glorious 9-day stay in Rome!!!!

I am soooooooo excited
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 09:37 AM
dln

Same here! Isn't it an overwhelming relief to get the "nuts and bolts" over with so you can concentrate on all the fun stuff like what museum, what restaurant... Which week will you be there?

Old Jul 9th, 2003, 10:09 AM
Original Poster

I will be there 9/13 - 22. How about you? What do you have planned? Are you traveling solo?
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 10:20 AM

MizzEve:

I know what you mean! I'm in the same place you are with my planning right now. All the basics are taken care of and now, just trying to decide when to go where, etc. I'll be in Europe for three weeks, in general; and in Rome, specifically, from 10/3-10/9.

I wish it was tomorrow!

Have fun!
Jennie
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 11:03 AM
dln

Your enthusiasm is contagious! Not travelling solo--first trip in dog's years WITHOUT the children (14 and 16 years, parents have generously consented to keep guard) but with dearest husband. I have him all to myself for most of the two weeks we'll be there!

This is how we've divvied up our trip: four nights in Rome in an apartment in Trastevere, then onwards to Sorrento for another four nights, and the last leg in Montemelino, Umbria, where my brother and sister in law are meeting up with us.

We'll be back in Rome for the last night on Wednesday, Sept. 17. We'll be at the Hotel Villa San Lorenzo Maria on Via dei Liguri, 7 (near Termini, since we have a train to catch Thursday am). If you want to meet up for lunch or dinner or whatever, let me know!!!

Old Jul 9th, 2003, 12:21 PM

Jennie,
I will be in Rome Oct. 5-10. Maybe we could meet for a drink. You can email me at [email protected]. Put "Rome" in the subject line.

I have my ticket and my hotel reserved. Now I am in the planning stages too and it is alot of fun. I have alot of books from the library and I like picking restaurants and bars to visit. My budget is limited so it really pays to plan ahead.

Old Jul 9th, 2003, 01:18 PM
dln

To all, I've been having pretty good luck with this book: Irreverent Guide to Rome, published by Frommer's. It cuts to the chase about just everything Roman, without having an "attitude." Fun to read!

Old Jul 11th, 2003, 06:36 AM
Original Poster

JandaO ~ I'll be in Rome 9/13-22. It looks like I'll miss you .