dale

Hotel D'Aubusson in Paris

Would appreciate any comments concerning this hotel in Paris. Thanks

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 06:38 AM
thisishowtodoit

type the name of the hotel into the TEXT SEARCH box

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 06:38 AM
Sue

I wrote a review of this hotel on the hotel page. It was a nice room, good size, clean, great bed, chair, desk, table, but not dripping in damask as the web site would lead you to believe. I was a tad disappointed considering the cost, but it was a non-smoking room. On the good side, the bathroom was great - all the amenities including a stand-up shower arrangement with the hand-held sprayer. <BR><BR>The front desk was very professional and helpful. The bar is fabulous. Didn't eat in the restaurant but ordered room service for breakfast one day - very expensive and not that great. The location is fabulous.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 06:49 AM
Danna

I was perfectly satisfied, but not Wowed by this hotel. The location is unbeatable. The front desk staff were extremely helpful and friendly and spoke very,very good English.<BR><BR>I got the least expensive room ($250), which may account for my not being overwhelmed by luxury. Bathroom is very nice, marble, good water pressure! No view on my first floor room to speak of, but I wondered if higher floors could see the Seine.<BR><BR>I did a trip review that may have a bit more about D'Aubusson, you might want to search.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 07:31 AM
elaine

Stayed there Dec 00<BR>Just a few blocks from the left bank end of Pont Neuf. Our room and the public areas were beautifully decorated, as if it had been redone the week before. We had a superior twin room. Our bathroom was large by Paris standards.<BR>5-8 minute walk to either St Michel or Odeon metro stop. 20 minute walk to Notre Dame. Provides hair dryers, and amenities like shampoo and robes. They also offer for sale the carte musee (museum pass) with no additional mark-up on the prices. Rooms facing rue Dauphine do get some street noise from car horns, but not terrible and not at night. Hotel neighborhood charming, many shops and boutiques with fine goods.<BR>Also, nearby rue Buci has many places to buy provisions for a picnic, stores selling fruits, cheeses, breads, wine, even roasted chickens. (You’ll need your own paper plates, utensils, napkins, and cork screw.)