Reload this Page >

Organized day trip to Budapest

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2002, 07:07 AM
kelly

I am interested in an organized daytrip from Vienna to Budapest with a return trip in the evening. Has anyone done this, what was your experience, what was the schedule like, and would you recommend it?

Old May 1st, 2002, 11:14 AM
xyzxyz

Sounds great I hope someone knows about this. I'm Topping this one!

Old May 1st, 2002, 12:10 PM
mark

It's 3 hours ONE way - not sure of the departure schedule. <BR>Check http://www.raileurope.com/us/index.htm. <BR>You might consider staying the night in Budapest <BR>and then returning the next morning - would allow <BR>you a more leisurely visit.

Old May 1st, 2002, 01:01 PM
DB

take a look at www.viennasightseeingtours.com<BR><BR>i was just in vienna and this company had a day trip to budapest that i heard good things about.

Old May 1st, 2002, 01:30 PM
Christina

there was just a rather long thread on this exact topic a few weeks ago. I had done it and liked it (using Vienna sightseeing tours) and commented in that thread. Some other folks advised doing it on your own, I found the group tour more convenient and cost-effective given the short time frame and logistics (it is not expensive, either).<BR>maybe you could search on viennasightseeingtours or even budapest

Old May 1st, 2002, 01:35 PM
Christina

oh, not sure I gave schedule so much, but as I recall, they picked you up at your hotel around 8 am. Arrived in Budapest before noon, did overview city bus tour (very nice as it's a scenic city), had lunch, did sightseeing to major places (hero square, then the hill where most of the main things to see are, then back to a pedestrian shopping area (some sightseeing along river) and were let go to do our own thing for a couple hours. We started back by bus to Budapest around 5-6 pm, I guess, and then arrived in Vienna 8-9. If you don't have time for a longer trip, or to get a taste of the city, I recommend it highly. The bus tour was kind of nice and relaxing, somewhat scenic, and the tour guide had some interesting things to say about customs and some little towns we went through. Nice AC comfy buses.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 07:40 AM
topping

topping