Reload this Page >

Hotel Colbert, Paris

Search

Hotel Colbert, Paris

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 05:29 AM
Thomas

Hotel Colbert, Paris

Any info on the Hotel Colbert on the Left Bank?

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 06:46 AM
lynlor

We stayed at Hotel Colbert about six years ago. It was nice then and we had a view of NOtre Dame. It has changed ownership and I think it is even better now but it is more expensive. In 2001, we stopped in to look at it and it is lovely. It has a great location. <BR>lynlor

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:03 AM
Bob C

It was a 3 star now it is a 4 star. Stayed there in 2000, nice hotel with a great location. Web Site:http://www.123france.com/europe/fran...s/hocolbus.htm

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:19 PM
effy

It is now part of the Melia chain and they did a total make-over of all the rooms. Of course, I thought it was fairly charming before at about $240. On recent trip I opted out of paying $330 (single) but did go by to meet up with my friend and check out the make-over. My room at the Hotel du Louvre ($260) was about twice as big and of a similar quality. I think that for that kind of money--you can do better. (Though it is nice and in a good location. The corner rooms do have partial views of Notre Dame.)

Old Mar 7th, 2003, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We stayed here on our honeymoon in 1997 &amp; again in 2002. The rooms definitely had been upgraded since our honeymoon &amp; so had the price. Our last room was beautiful though with an all-marble bathroom with robes, fancy toiletries, towel warmer, etc... The location is fabulous, very close to Notre Dame &amp; equidistant from several metro stops. Breakfast was the same as in 1997, but now you had to pay for it &amp; we deemed it to be too expensive with so many cheaper cafes open for breakfast nearby. Our only complaint occurred on the last night of our trip - our air conditioner went out &amp; the room got way too warm to comfortably sleep. Opening the windows made it worse, since the weekend noise was loud. The night clerk was not helpful in the least, basically shrugging his shoulders when we asked for help or another room. No one ever even apologized. It wasn't the way I wanted to end the trip &amp; unfortunately will probably keep us from going back.
Old Mar 9th, 2003, 08:13 AM
lynlor

When we stayed at the Colbert, we had a corner room with a view of the Notre Dame Cathedral.. loved the location. It is one of the few boutique hotels that we really liked. I'm sorry to learn of the inflated price and the indifferent attitude.

Old Jun 7th, 2003, 10:02 AM
JohnJaysonAdams_III

For Peter, Diane, Thomas and others.