Paris Hotels or Apartments in 6th Arrond

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14th, 2003, 09:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for a hotel or apartment in the 6th Arrond. for me and my teenage daughter. We will be traveling to Paris in June and want a place for about $150 per night(definitely not more than $200 per night). I have noticed that many places offer double beds for couples and I am looking for a place where I will not have to share a bed with my daughter. Any ideas?
Old Sep 14th, 2003, 11:00 AM

If you're visiting in fall it'll be a bit difficult to get a room now. But you can try Hotel de Danube on rue Jacob in the heart of St. Germain. Or Hotel Bonaparte on rue Bonaparte, same location. St. Germain (6th dist.) is a very popular area so rates are on the high side.
Old Sep 14th, 2003, 11:52 AM

Most hotels have a twin bed option.
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 02:18 PM

This hotel has plenty of rooms with 2 twin beds.
GRAND HOTEL DES BALCONS: 3 rue Casimir Delavigne. Tel: 0146347850. Fax: 0146340627. Web site: http://www.balcons.com/ E-mail: [email protected] (50 rms., all w/toilet & bath or shower.) 90€ (rooms ending in #7 & 8, also rooms #602, 603, 604, 605 & 606) single; 95€ (rooms ending in #7) double; 102€ (rooms ending in #9) double; 115€ (rooms ending in #4, 5 & 6 except rooms #604, 605 & 606) double; 135€ (rooms ending in #1) double; 215€ (rooms ending in #3 except room #603) triple/quad. Buffet breakfast (7-10am, includes boiled eggs, omelettes, ham, sausages, potatoes, cheese, yogurt, cereal, croissants, assorted breads, cakes, fruit, fruit salad, juices, jam & assorted hot drinks) at 11€ pp is served in a wonderful quaint 19th-century breakfast room w/original stained glass. The breakfast is the best I have experienced in Paris at an unbelievable price. Visa, MC, AX, DC. English spoken, phones, cable TV w/CNN & Sky News, wonderful charming renovated 19th-century hotel w/beautiful contemporary & identically furnished nice-size pretty rms., 36 out of 50 rooms have balconies, thus the reason for the hotel?s name, modern bathrooms w/hairdriers, access to public refrigerator, phones w/Internet access, luggage storage area, lots of character, warm ambience, carpeted flrs., fabulous location, elevator, 6 flrs. Owned/managed by gracious & accommodating Jean-François Andre & his family since 1979. Jean-François, who grew up at this hotel was trained in hotel management school and officially took over the hotel from his parents in 1995. Clients are so loyal to this hotel that they leave some of their personal belongings in the hotel?s luggage storage area for their annual visit to avoid having to pack them every year. Jean-François will be delighted to give you a free breakfast on your birthday.

Rooms with 2 twin beds.
#505 (5th flr. nice-size rm. w/2 twin beds, compact bathroom w/bathtub w/hand-held shower & balcony that faces the street), 405 (4th flr. nice-size rm. w/2 twin beds, compact bathroom w/bathtub w/hand-held shower & balcony that faces the street), 305 (3rd flr. nice-size rm. w/2 twin beds, compact bathroom w/bathtub w/hand-held shower & balcony that faces the street), 205 (2nd flr. nice-size rm. w/2 twin beds, compact bathroom w/bathtub w/hand-held shower & balcony that faces the street) & 105 (1st flr. nice-size rm. w/2 twin beds, compact bathroom w/bathtub w/hand-held shower & balcony that faces the street) are for a double; #506 (5th flr. nice-size rm. w/2 twin beds, compact bathroom w/bathtub w/hand-held shower & balcony that faces the street), 406 (4th flr. nice-size rm. w/2 twin beds, compact bathroom w/bathtub w/hand-held shower & balcony that faces the street), 306 (3rd flr. nice-size rm. w/2 twin beds, compact bathroom w/bathtub w/hand-held shower & balcony that faces the street), 206 (2nd flr. nice-size rm. w/2 twin beds, compact bathroom w/bathtub w/hand-held shower & balcony that faces the street)& 106 (1st flr. nice-size rm. w/2 twin beds, compact bathroom w/bathtub w/hand-held shower & balcony that faces the street) are for a double;
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 02:29 PM

MargoClasse:

You sound like a bit of an expert on the Grand Hotel des Balcons. My wife and I will be staying there in October for three nights. We are paying 100E per night (so I'm assuming a room ending in 9). What can I expect with that? All I really want is quiet with a balcony (maybe that's a contradiction). The good reviews on the breakfast and the location and other good things I heard about sold the hotel on me. Should I ask for a specific room? Thanks.
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 02:55 PM

When you book specify 2 beds for 2 people, i.e. twin beds. It's best to be very clear about your sleeping arrangements and it never hurts to reconfirm before leaving home. Most hotels have twin beds in many rooms (and frequently just push them together to make the room for couples).

On another note, after a long absence it would appear Margo is back cutting and pasting info from guidebooks. Your best advise is from people who actually stayed in the hotel you are interested in.

If, by any chance, you are interested in the 7th Arr, I can recommend the Relais Bosquet Hotel - very pleasant 3*** with views of the Eiffel Tower (about 3/4 of it anyway) from some of the rooms. We stayed there and had a lovely view (ask for superior rooms). Many of the rooms have twin beds too, just check their website. It's a great neighborhood, being around the corner from Rue Cler.

Old Sep 15th, 2003, 05:19 PM

Well, guess I might as well put forth my favorite little charming hotel in the 6th, the Hotel du Lys, on rue Serpente. Check it out at www.hoteldulys.com

It has rooms with twin beds, and the bathrooms have recently been renovated. It is only a 2 star, but has more old world ambience than many 3 stars in the area, and the price includes a continental breakfast.

What a wonderful vacation for you and your daughter!