Reload this Page >

Hotel choice in SML

Search

Hotel choice in SML

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2002, 09:13 AM
Gordon

Hotel choice in SML

We will be staying in Santa Margherita Ligure for 3 nights in June. I am considering the Regina Elena, Laurin and the Jolanda (the Continental is booked). Looking for something nice, romantic, and possibly a view. Any advice would be appreciated.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 10:50 AM
Mari

Gordon, we are going to SML in July. On Karen Brown's site, we found a place called Villa Gnocchi. I did some research here and it seemed that the people who stayed there had a positive experience so we made our reservations. You could look into it, see what you think and check if they have availability in June. Good luck and have a great trip!

Old May 3rd, 2002, 10:57 AM
Brian in Atlanta

Stayed at the Jolanda a year or so a go. I don't know if I could call it romantic, and I don't think any rooms have views, but we were very happy with it. Good sized room, well furnished and friendly staff. About 2 blocks from the "center" at the water.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 11:23 AM
Judy

Gordon: My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Regina Elena last year it is quite decent, ask for a renovated room. Their best feature is their roof-top pool,since the beaches are not the greatest(because of the rocky beachfront). Location was perfect.<BR>Judy

Old May 3rd, 2002, 12:27 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Gordon, Of those 3 the best choice is the Laurin. It is snack dab in the middle of town and near the park and boat docks. The Regina is further out and the Jolanda is inland, but a good buy for the price---about $40 less than the others.

Old May 9th, 2002, 07:50 AM
cherie

How about the Continental or the Imperial Palace? Has anyone stayed at these?

Old Oct 16th, 2003, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ttt
Old Oct 17th, 2003, 09:17 AM

Help me out folks! The Laurin wants over 200 euros a night in two weeks,Farsce is around 92 euros,Continental is around 160 euros-so what should we do? I personally think
the cheapest (as money is tight) but I keep reading all these reviews about being down on the water,etc.I have problems walking long distances but stil want to be in the &quot;center of town&quot;. Any imput would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old Oct 17th, 2003, 09:25 AM

Jolanda is in the center of town just a short walk to the water. Very nice rooms and prices are probably around the 130-140E price range for a double room. We stayed in a Junior suite there a few weeks ago and it cost 160E.