COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Best place to stay , Santa Margherita Ligure?

Old Apr 26th, 2005, 12:10 PM
KNP
Original Poster

We are looking for an upscale hotel with beautiful sea view. Please give me your recommendations. Thank you.
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 02:39 PM

Hi KNP, you are going to a very beautiful area. If you go to tripadvisor.com you will find reviews regarding Hotel Herios. Evidently it has a fantastic sea view but I am not sure it would be called upscale as evidently the rooms are a bit on the small size although it sounds like the terrances for the rooms are quite large. I have not stayed overnight there so have no personal knowledge. Hopefully someone else here will.
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 03:03 PM

We stayed at the Hotel Grand Miramare last August. This hotel is considered the grande dame of the Italian Riveria. It ran about E300/night. The rooms were absolutely beautiful, and some of them had gorgeous sea views ( the hotel's private beach is just across the street).

If you're looking for something less expensive, try the Hotel Continental. It's actually a block or two closer to town, and looked very nice.
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 03:17 PM

We stayed at the Hotel Laurin a few years ago and loved the location and marina view. We had a bright, spacious room with a large terrace with furniture for sunbathing and outdoor drinks or dining. We loved the roof-top pool with spectacular views of the area. The hotel was a last minute decision as the B&B we had reserved was not what we had thought it would be. Although I may not call it upscale compared to other places we have stayed, we were very pleased with the hotel.

You will love SML - it is a beautiful place to visit. Have a great trip!
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 12:46 PM
eab

We stayed at the Hotel Continental a few weeks ago and loved it. The seaside rooms have terraces or balconies and lovely views. It's a 4-star so there are plenty of more expensive places in SML, but we really enjoyed the Continental.
Ellen
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 12:54 PM

Another vote for Hotel Continental. We stayed there two years ago and had a room with a balcony overlooking the water, (very condusive to having a little wine and cheese in the evening). The breakfast was one of the best on our two week trip, and the staff were very helpful.
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 02:25 PM

Weadles: sorry, Splendido is without a doubt the "jewel of the riviera", not Miramare, not even close.
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 03:43 PM

We recently stayed at the Hotel Lido - 4 Stars. 125 Euros per night - in Febraury though.