Hotel Belletini in Florence not getting back to me....advice needed

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 06:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made reservations for Hotel Bellettini back in January for my trip to Italy (I leave this Friday). I have emailed them twice this week to confirm and still have not heard back from them. <BR><BR>I am beginning to panic...it's 2 days before we leave. Should I try to book another hotel? I don't want to book one and then have to pay a fee for cancelling if Bellettini gets back to me. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 06:11 AM

Don't send more emails. Just telephone the hotel.
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 06:15 AM

In the title of your post, you misspelled Bellettini, omiting the second &quot;t&quot;; make sure you didn't do this with the email. But I still would call.
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 07:46 AM

I would actually stay elsewhere. We stayed at this hotel in a few years ago and absolutely hated it. The rooms are the worst and you hear a lot of the street noise in your room. This was our experience.
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 08:03 AM

I just canclled my reservation there for Sept. because of the lack of response.I just got the impression you get what you pay for; although there have been many positive comments here,I have experienced complete indifference.<BR>I re- booked at: www.hoteltorreguelfa.com if you are interested or try www.bt.hotel.com if you are considering re- booking.I also saw some pretty good deals on www.promhotels.com<BR>I know I have not stayed here and the hotel may be great, so don't get too scared off,there are lots of people who love the place.<BR>Best of luck<BR>Fluffy
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 10:08 AM

We stayed in the Bellettini annex and had a beautiful room with a very large marble bath. The ceiling looked like a fresco, but they told us it was actually painted cloth--quite elegant. The room was very quiet, also. I highly recommend it.
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 10:39 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your kind advice. I called them and they said they just emailed me my confirmation(I should have checked my email one more time before calling). <BR><BR>Forgive me, must be last minute jitters!