Hotel Beds in Prague

Jun 9th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Original Poster

Hotel Beds in Prague

When a hotel bed in Prague is described as a double bed, just how large is it?

When I think of a double bed, I think of an American style bed that is perhaps 54 inches wide. In Austria, the doubles were about like two of our singles pushed together.

I am trying to pick a hotel, which is why I am asking.

Jun 9th, 2006, 01:28 PM

I think you should ask the hotel. IN the one I stayed at, I think it was about a queen size, but that was a nice 4* hotel. It was not two twins pushed together, but that can be common in other parts of the country (I think that's from Germany). I'm sure it's not the same in a 2* hotel as a 4*-5* hotel where they try to be a little more current. I stayed in a 4* hotel in Moravia, and there the double beds were two twins in a single frame, so it was about king size. They weren't pushed together though, the frame was made to hold two twin mattresses, which is also common in that area, I've found.
Jun 9th, 2006, 03:02 PM

We stayed at the Maximilian and liked the hotel very much. I'm trying to remember our bed. It seems to me it was twins pushed together and we each had our own eiderdown quilt. I remember having plenty of room and being quite comfortable.
Jun 9th, 2006, 05:04 PM

You need to ask the hotel - it varies a lot. The last place we stayed said double bed and we got a queen - found most were queens (that we saw).
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:10 PM

The hotels with antique furniture push 2 beds together to make a double. Modern style/trendy ones will most likely have 1 large bed.

I've seen both in Prague, so look closely at pictures on the web, or email & ask them.

Apartments will vary, also. Have seen all kinds of set-ups.

A lot of times, places will have twin size beds, so they can accomodate all types of travel groups. If students come in, they pull apart beds to make singles & fit more people in the room, etc.
Jun 11th, 2006, 04:22 PM

The hotel we have stayed in did not push two beds together but even if you look at the pictures you cannot always be sure.

As others have advised, I woujld e-mail the hotel and ask this specific question.