Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel am Markt - Munich - Any recommendations?

Aug 9th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Original Poster

We will be staying in Munich 3 nights at the end of our trip to Germany in October. I am trying to decide on a place and found the Hotel am Markt. Do any of you know of this place? We are trying to stay near the city center (we will be returning our car when we get to Munich), for around 100E per night. Would like to have the shower/wc in our room. We will be needing 1 double room and two single rooms.

Thanks in advance for for any recommendations!
Jenn
Aug 9th, 2010, 10:31 AM

We stayed at this hotel a number of years ago. Location is good as it is near the baths and the old town. Very nice hotel. Richard www.tripadvisor.com/baden_baden
Aug 9th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

Sorry, I was talking about the Hotel am Markt in Munich. The one in Baden Baden looks nice though!
Aug 9th, 2010, 02:18 PM

If you do not get a personal review here

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...h_Bavaria.html
Aug 13th, 2010, 06:23 AM

We have stayed at the am Markt several times. You won't do much better when it comes to location. It's just off the Viktualein Market on a reasonably quiet small street. Although somewhat dated this small hotel is ideally located for doing all things in the Centrum. The rooms are small but comfortable and clean. There is a small parking area alongside the hotel for guests. There is an elevator but it is tiny! This hotel is frequented by musicians who may be entertaining etc. in Munich. Although not a romantic get-away hotel the am Markt is a great comfortable and cost effective hotel in a superior location to the Centrum.
Aug 13th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much pef1234 - that's just what I was wanting to hear! I've been in contact with them through email, and was just about to send in my request to book the rooms when I read your reply. It's hard to choose hotels for other people, if it was just for my husband and me I wouldn't worry so much. I'm feeling better about my choice now.