Reload this Page >

??????? Hotel 167 or Burns Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 09:01 AM
larry

My first trip to London. Doing lots of research these 2 hotels seem highly rated.<BR> Which would be your first choice??<BR> I like the fact you can take the tube right there.<BR> Is it similiar to the metro in Paris?? I will be traveling light will it be a problem taking the tube to my hotel??<BR> Thank you Lar

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 09:28 AM
Mel

I've stayed at the Burns a few times and, after staying at many others in London, it's become a favorite. Small, boutique-style, located on a nice street just around the corner from the Earl's Court tube stop. The staff is very accomodating and the breakfasts are excellent. <BR><BR>Have a great trip--I love London and can't wait to get back there (in two weeks--WOO HOO!!)

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 03:46 PM
larry

TTT

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 04:01 PM
Wayne

You couldn't go wrong with either hotel. I am also a fan of Burns Hotel, but perhaps that's because I've never been to 167. I've read a lot about it, though, and it certainly seems to be nice. The thing about Burns is that it's been around forever (which 167 hasn't) and it's smallish, personalized, very much "old London," and in a great location---all for a pretty reasonable price. You can certainly find hotels at a lower cost, and also at a much higher cost. Burns is, to me, the perfect compromise without having to compromise any of my goals.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 06:23 PM
larry

Thanks to all, there is availabilty for both and there the same price. I am leaning toward Burns. Lar