Anyone stayed at this London hotel?

Old Dec 12th, 2001, 07:58 AM
zeppo2

Anyone stayed at this London hotel?

I've been quoted a very good rate at London Town Hotel. Has anyone actually stayed there? All I am looking for is a basic room in a relatively safe area. Thanks.

Old Dec 12th, 2001, 09:32 AM
sonia

Umm, Zeppo, do you meant the londontown.com Web site? It is like an online hotel broker -- you tell them the type of hotel you want and dates of your stay, and they provide a list of hotels with available rooms -- lots of information and good deals. We were very pleased with their service, and liked the hotel they linked us to. I'm not aware of an actual hotel called London Town...

Old Dec 12th, 2001, 10:04 AM
zeppo

I did get the hotel off of Londontown.com, but the actual name of the hotel is the London Town hotel. Confusing, I know It's in the Earl's Court/Kensington area, at 15 Penywern Road. I'm reassured that you were pleased with the hotel londontown.com set you up with, though. Thanks.

Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, <BR>Did you actually stay at the London Town Hotel? How was it?<BR>Thanks.
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 03:31 AM

SaveThePanda - <BR>(BTW: I love your screen name!)<BR><BR>You may want to be a &quot;little&quot; careful of responding to threads that are almost 2 years old....I certainly hope that zeppo responds to you, but it could very well be that posting a &quot;new&quot; thread with a question could be a better way to elicit responses.<BR><BR>OTOH: I've never stayed at the hotel, so I can't be of help. Best wishes for a great trip! <BR>Dave
Old Oct 30th, 2003, 06:58 PM

Savethepanda,
Sorry--missed your question. This is probably too late, but.... London Town hotel was ok. Great value, very small and basic room, nice breakfast. It was very close to the tube and the staff was helpful and friendly.
Old Oct 31st, 2003, 05:37 AM

Zeppo2,

Your very close, might be different from mine-

Any idea how far it actually was from the Tube station?

Keith
Old Oct 31st, 2003, 06:37 AM

It's been over a year, but as I remember it was no more than a three minute walk from the tube station.