Search

Hostal Goya?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hostal Goya?

I've been in touch with them after reading some positive reviews here and on tripfinder.com and it does look nice. It's a little more than we wanted to spend on a hostal, especially because either we have to have twin beds (which can be joined) or double with a shared bathroom (90 euros and 70 euros, respecively). Is it worth it? How's the noise level? Thanks.
Old Mar 15th, 2007, 10:28 AM

I guess you are talking about Spain...but where ?
There's no Spain (or any other country) forum, it is only a search feature..all messages come to the Europe forum and it's difficult to know what are you looking for if you don't tell us
Old Mar 15th, 2007, 01:11 PM

If you are talking about Barcelona, we stayed there last year. We had a very small interior room. I would have preferred a window, however we had no noise and the location was great. I think we paid about 80 euros for the room.

I may be wrong, but I believe hostal in Spain is the same as a hotel, not a hostel.
Old Mar 15th, 2007, 01:16 PM

We are booked at the Hostal Goya in Barcelona in May. We booked in a 90Euro room. Not sure if it is a real double bed, or two joined twins. In some ways two joined twins can be better than a double. If it is saggy bed, I'd rather be in my own. And there is a lot more space in two joined twins than some small European doubles! I did a lot of researching, and the place seems to be very reasonably priced and an excellent location. I'll be able to let you know for sure when I do my trip report in June!
Old Mar 15th, 2007, 01:22 PM

Dania, you're right..a hostal is more like a hotel than a hostel, but lower quality in general (not always, though )
Old Mar 15th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Original Poster

Yes, I did mean to specify Spain, which occurred to me as soon as I posted it...My first post here, sorry.

Thanks for oyur replies. The room we were told was available was a twin bed "suite" (?) with "access to the terrace." Not sure if that means interior or not. Kenderina, was your room windowless, or just facing an air shaft?

Saltymuffin, I look forward to hearing your report when you return.