Barcelona - Hostal Looking for centrally located

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17th, 2003, 08:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need a hostal near Ramblas. Heard of Hostal Central. Have you been there? Any other recommendation will be great.

Thanks
Old Oct 17th, 2003, 08:58 AM

epaulino

We stayed at Hostal Central this past summer.

The first night we stayed in a triple with no bathroom. The room was very spacious and had a nice sitting area complete with stained glass windows.

After returning to Barcelona at the end of our trip we stayed one more night there, this time in a triple with a bathroom. The bathroom was small and cramped (much like the shared bathroom in the hallway) and there was little to no air flow in this room.

We much prefered the first room over the second.

While Hostal Central isn't going to win any awards, it was pretty nice considering the price.

The staff was friendly enough, and spoke decent english (in case language might be a problem).

If you do stay there, ask for the room at the end of the hall with the sitting area with stained glass windows.
Old Oct 17th, 2003, 10:36 AM

I stayed at the Hotel Toledano at the top of the Ramblas just off the Plaza Catalunya. Great location because of its proximity to the El Corte Ingles (where you catch the airport shuttle bus or the bus touristic), the edge of barri gotic to the south and the Eixample to the north.

My room had all the amenities including toilet, shower, tv, air con...and it could all fit into my bathroom at home in the states (i.e. very small). However, it was clean and the price was right, and you can make reservations over the internet which they honor months in advance.
Old Oct 17th, 2003, 10:48 PM

Hi Epaulino,
If you're on a budget, or just don't want to spend a lot on accomodations I can recommend the following places.

- Hotel Barcelona House c/Escudellers
19. I stayed there in June. It's very well located, between Drassanes and Liceu subway stops, just a block off Las Ramblas. This place is a quirky hotel with a variety of room types. The first room I stayed in was a little dark, had a toilet, shower, sink, phone, but no tv - 29euros. I changed rooms the next day, to a more modern one in the "annex" of the hotel ( the elevator doesn't go to this level, had to walk up a flight of very narrow stairs with my 26inch suitcase - not fun!) This one had AC, tv, full bathroom and was 36euros. These rooms were singles, and were a decent size. These prices included breakfast: toast/croissants/cereal/coffee/tea. This hotel is around the corner, and connected to a trendy lounge called Cafe Royale. Great music. Don't worry though, I didn't hear any noise/music coming through the walls of my room.

-Hostal Dali c/Boqueria Singles w/o bath 33euros and with bath 40euros.

-PensionAlba.com c/de l'Hospital. Another nice looking place. Some of the rooms have balconies overlooking the street. Superior single 45euros, Superior double 71.

Old Oct 18th, 2003, 07:40 AM

Hi kelston827,
I am staying at the Hostal Central Barcelona in less than a month and I was wondering if there were cafes nearby that serve breakfast.
Thanks
Old Oct 18th, 2003, 11:17 AM

fryster

There's a bar/cafe about two doors down from Hostal Central. If you're facing the hostal from the street the cafe will be to your left.

It wasn't anything special (tapas, pretty decent sandwiches) but the food and atmosphere were decent and the owner was very friendly.

I can't remember too many other eating establishments near the hotel.

A walk past Placa de Tetuan will take you past plenty of places to eat though.