Search

Back from Spain

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16th, 2006, 02:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back from Spain

We have just returned from Madrid and Barcelona and want to thank Maribel, Nessundorma and Carlota and all the rest of you for all the helpful information that helped make the trip outstanding! What would we do without all the inside information you all share so generously. Happy travels!
Old Sep 16th, 2006, 03:21 AM

I agree, their help is fantastic.
I hope you tell us more, which hotel did you stay in Madrid and Barcelona, and how did they fare. It is always good to know.
Old Sep 16th, 2006, 04:24 AM
Original Poster

Hi, Graziella5b. We stayed at the Westin Palace in Madrid--lovely hotel, excellent location, super-comfortable beds, matchless breakfasts--can you tell we liked it? In Barcelona we stayed at the Claris. Had a lot of trouble on our arrival i.e. rooms,despite the fact that we had reserved months ago. Spent half the day being shuttled around from one unacceptable room to another, all the time being told they were full and couldn't do anything for us. We had booked two double rooms, two beds per room. In one room there was only one bed and they brought in a cot--pretty ridiculous for a 5 star hotel, and totally unacceptable. Finally the deputy manager took over, 'found' us a junior suite and a double, treated us to drinks at the terrace bar and really bent over backwards to make up for the inauspicious beginning. By the time we got settled, it was nearly 5 PM and we had lost the whole afternoon. The hotel is well located, but does not compare with the Westin Palace. Breakfasts were sparse, furnishings attractive but spartan. That said, we loved Barcelona--it is a beautiful city with much to offer. Are you planning to go?
Old Sep 16th, 2006, 06:19 AM

Great HAR32JU34! Glad to hear you had an outstanding trip.
Old Sep 16th, 2006, 07:41 AM

Glad you had a good time at the Palace Hotel, this is the way I remember its name. We stayed there and had always a great time like its location too. Sometimes I find great offers in nearby hotels and go for the savings....thanks for the inf. I am indeed glad you had a good time.