Honeymoon Planning 2016

Search

Honeymoon Planning 2016

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22nd, 2015, 09:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honeymoon Planning 2016

My fiance and I are planning for our honeymoon for July 2016. It's overwhelming to choose where to go as there's so many great looking places. We want a romantic honeymoon destination with beaches, good food, places to walk around and explore (old buildings, shopping, architecture, etc.) but also a place where we can relax and go for a swim as well.

My heart has been set on Santorini, it looks stunning but I am not sure so much about the beaches? With easy access, as they look more rocky? We are also interested in a place we could go snorkeling.

What would you recommend that would offer what we are looking for? Santorini, Crete, Algarve, Sardinia, Ibiza? There's just so many places so it's hard to choose.

I know it will be peak season so that's why we want to start booking this fall. We want to be away for 10 days.

Any advice greatly appreciated!
Old Oct 22nd, 2015, 12:13 PM

Crete yes, but Sicily would be my choice.
Not been to Algarve though, nor Sardinia. Just one day on Santorini (enough foe me...).
Old Oct 22nd, 2015, 12:56 PM
Original Poster

Where abouts in Sicily would you recommend?
Old Oct 22nd, 2015, 04:30 PM

If you want pure sand beaches as you get in the US and Carib do look carefully - since MANY beaches in europe are pebbles or even rocks. Besides checking guie books do use google earth to see what you will be getting.
Old Oct 22nd, 2015, 04:32 PM

If you want pure sand beaches as you get in the US and Carib do look carefully - since MANY beaches in europe are pebbles or even rocks. Besides checking guie books do use google earth to see what you will be getting.
Old Oct 23rd, 2015, 02:08 PM
WWK

For a first-time visit to Greece, you could spend a few days in Santorini then continue on to Naxos or Paros by ferry.

Naxos and Paros have better beaches than Santorini, though I've never gone snorkeling on either island. But Santorini has some of the most stunning scenery ( the famous Caldera) that I've ever seen.
Old Oct 23rd, 2015, 03:43 PM

Santorini's beaches aren't bad. They aren't white sand, but they're nice enough. You would probably be happy enough there, but I like WWK's idea of going Santorini then continuing on to Naxos or Paros. If you're there for more than a few days, it's nice to hop to a different island after a little while for a change of scenery. Relaxing is nice, but you can see most of Santorini's main sites in a couple days.
Old Oct 27th, 2015, 02:12 AM

I believe Santorini is the best destination for your honeymoon! It's a romantic place and it combines relaxing and pleasure. You can find nice beaches, good food and the nightlife is fine as well.
Old Oct 27th, 2015, 03:40 AM
WWK

Santorini is gorgeous, but it can be wall to wall tourists in July, especially at sunset anywhere overlooking the caldera. That's why I'd recommend spending a few days there max, then moving on to a less congested island.