Sicily or Sardini in June?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which island has prettier beaches and better food? This is the essential deciding factor for my husband and I on where to take our vacation this summer. We love hiking and exploring, and seeing beautiful natural sites. But after the hike we relish a good sunbathe on a gorgeous, semi-empty, clean and serene waterfront. Anyone have an opinion on whether Sicily or Sardinia is better for this? We would also like very warm, friendly people, but I think both islands have that.
Old Mar 28th, 2011, 12:12 PM

Sicily food.

Sardinia beaches.

Simple as that.

The food in Sicily is generally some of the best quality in Europe. The beaches are generally very patchy in quality.

The beaches in Sardinia is simply the best in Europe, whilst the food can generally be patchy.

If you value walks on incredible beaches then go to Sardinia. There is nowhere like it in Europe.
Old Mar 28th, 2011, 02:56 PM

I had good experiences on both islands, however, I agree with the beach part. Northern Sardinia is gorgeous (do you know they filmed Lost in Space there?) We ate at a lot of Agritourismos we stumbled upon in Sardinia and the food was amazing. We stayed in the very eastern part of Sicily.Erice is a really quaint town and very cool! Good luck!
Old Mar 29th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Original Poster

Well the only thing with Sardinia is all the hotels look either way too expensive or completely lacking in character. Like is it possible to stay at a cute hotel that's near a beautiful beach and is also near a cute downtown for going to dinner at night? Yes, we want it all. thanks
Old Mar 29th, 2011, 06:59 PM

hpluss1

Difficult, the problem being that what you ask is a perfect location which in Sardinia means a huge land price which in turn leaves the hotel in a position to charge huge prices.

What is your budget?
Old Mar 30th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Original Poster

Ok well I think we're going to do SICILY, since we want a mix of history, culture, food, and beaches. Sardinia will be another time (when we can afford the fancy places!).