help with munich airport

Old Feb 1st, 2007, 10:44 AM
jer
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help with munich airport

Hi,
We are flying home from Munich on a very early morning flight. My question...should we stay around the airport area the entire time we are exploring Munich. How far is the airport? I still have not wrapped my brain around all of the terminolgy for the trains. Any help would be great. Thanks, Jeri
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 11:52 AM

One word of caution.WE flew from Munich to Chicago last October and after clearing thru security and relaxing before going to our gate were suprised to find that all flights to the US were in one area and we had to go thru another complete security check.Some of the passengers barely made the flight.
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 12:26 PM
jer
Original Poster

hey, thanks for the heads-up!Jeri
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 12:30 PM

They will ask for your ticket before you enter the security area. There you should be told that you're in the wrong terminal. 1 instead of 2. Seems some people/groups slip through. ;-)
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 01:05 PM

jer - to answer your question, I wouldn't stay near the airport for the entire time you're exploring Munich. Munich is way too much fun not to be in town. The airport is not particularly close to town and there's not much there except, well, the airport. There was a thread on here earlier that had some detailed info about getting to MUN from town and our own experience has been that it wasn't a problem - even for early flights (sorry I can't give the exact reference to the thread). We've flown through and out of FRA and MUN several times and have always encountered at least 2 and sometimes 3 security/passport checks once inside the terminal IF you're flying direct to US. So tune's advice is well-taken: don't dally until you get to the gate.
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 01:17 PM

Well, I've never been to Venezuela. But make sure, that when you buy your ticket you don't end up in "Maturin Quiriquire". I sincerely doubt, the Munich S-Bahn will take you there.
Have fun in Munich anyway ;-)
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 01:38 PM

Jer, I topped your other post with this same question. Was there something in the answers on that post you didn't understand?
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 02:28 PM
jer
Original Poster

no, not at all. I could not find my post anywhere, so the next day i posted again. i thought maybe i hit the wrong button. it was just wierd. thanks anyway, jer