Reload this Page >

Help with hotel in Rome, please.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2006, 08:21 PM
annieladd

My aging parents (80ish)will be in Rome for 5 nights next spring before leaving for cruise from Athens to Istanbul, then on to Budapest. (I hope to be living this life when I'm 85!)

Can you help with suggestions for hotel for them? Something between 200-300E (or so) per night? Dad has difficulty walking, so not too many stairs please, and Stepmom loves the shops and sites, so they need someplace in the midst of the action. A hotel with a nice dining room would be great if they're too tired to leave some nights. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. We've taken a peak at Hotel Gladiatori, anyone been there?
annieladd

Old Jul 8th, 2006, 05:26 PM
annieladd

ttt

Old Jul 8th, 2006, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about the Inn at the Spanish Steps? I know people their age who love it there, but I am not sure if they have an elevator.

http://www.atspanishsteps.com/
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 05:48 PM

A wonderful hotel is the Grand Hotel de la Minerve, right smack in the middle of everything, near the Pantheon. Wonderfully luxurious rooms, but not over the top. It has a restaurant, but you are also steps from many others.

Another nice hotel is the Hotel Piranesi. It is on the via Babuino, just off the Piazza del Popolo (where there is a taxi stand!), and a short walk from the Spanish Steps. Via Babuino is all about shopping. The Piranesi is small -- only 30 rooms, and there's lots of personal service . . . but no restaurant. They will order in for you if you wish.

There are hundreds of hotels in Rome, but I have never heard of the Hotel Gladiatori. Sounds like it may be near the Colosseum. I would avoid that area, as it is too far from the center for your purposes.
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 05:52 PM

yes, I second the Minerva!
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 05:53 PM

How about the Hotel Nazionale Montecitorio? This is a very nice full servie hotel, right in the center, not far from the Pantheon. It is also on the same square as the Italian Parliament and it is well gaurded and safe at night. Also, the piazza there is fairly flat and the hotel has an elevator. I think it would be a good choice for your parents.
Old Jul 8th, 2006, 06:04 PM

Of course, the should read "full service" hotel.