Help with Andalusia itinerary for July

Mar 30th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Original Poster

Help with Andalusia itinerary for July

My husband & I are planning a trip this June/July and could use some help on the itinerary.
So far, here is how it looks.

Fly NY- Malaga. Pick up rental car and drive to Granada.

2 nights Granada @ Hotle Monte Carlo
1 night Cordoba @ hotel Al Mihrab
2 nights Seville @ Barcelo Renacimiento
1 night Ronda @ Polo
1 night Marbella @ atlantic club

Here are my questions. Are we trying to pack in too much for one week? How far is it driving from each town? Is there anything that you would add or take away? Are we better off traveling by train? What is the weather in July?

Any & all suggestions will be most welcome. This is our first time to Spain and we are so excited but, we don't want to make any big mistakes!
Mar 30th, 2007, 04:29 PM

Itin seems ok. For driving time, go to www.guiacampsa.com and plan your routes. It is very easy.
Car: yes.
I spent a night (years ago) at Hotel Polo, Ronda, and did not like it a bit. As it was a weekend, it was very noisy and could not sleep. I'd choose Reina Victoria at least. The other hotels I dont know, but Sevilla Barcelo Renacimiento is a good new hotel, but FAR away from thçe city center, you'll have to take taxis, as parking is terrible. In July expect heat, very much. Make sure you have air conditioning wherever you go.
Mar 30th, 2007, 05:12 PM

I spent 3 weeks in Spain in July some years ago. It was very hot but dry. Drink lots of water. If you can, try visiting Toledo. It's a lovely city and the mosaics in the train station are quite beautiful. Enjoy your trip!
Mar 30th, 2007, 05:42 PM

July in that part of Spain is hot as hell - don;t be surprised at 100 or higher. Make sure your hotels and car all have good AC - and a pool would be nice.

We did the same area by car - but we had 13 days. We did not stay in Ronda but did it as a day trip from Marbella - and even at that felt it would be better to do one fewer hotels - but could;t figure out how while seeing een the basics of what we wanted - and still didn;t get to a lot.

We went in late April and it was in the low 80s during the day - plenty hot enough for us.

Agree to always have water with you and make frequent stops for drinks and shade.
Mar 30th, 2007, 06:09 PM

Looks pretty good although tight. Everything is pretty close but if your just staying one day, three hours of it in transportation, an hour finding the hotel and settling in, then another hour eating, and your day is almost gone. I wouldn't go anywhere for less that 2 nights. that gives you the chance to transport yourself there, a night on the town, and one full day.

Good Luck

www.nomadwannabe.com
Mar 31st, 2007, 02:56 AM

I agree with posters above. You can save the Cordoba hotel doing it as a side trip from Seville on the AVE train: You get to the Juderia in the morning, stroll the place and go to have lunch at Casa Robles, for example, it is very near the Mezquita-Catedral and has air conditioning. Then, after lunch it gets incredibly hot, and that's the time to visit the Mezquita, as it is surprisingly fresh inside. Then taxi to the train st. and back to Seville.