Help with Aegean Air Website

Apr 16th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Original Poster

Help with Aegean Air Website

All I am trying to purchase tickets on the Aegean Air website and it keeps having problems taking my credit card. I am using American Express and know there are no problems with the card as it has a $0 balance and a large credit limit on it. Has anyone experienced problems with their website? Have you had to call them and if so what has the experience been like? Is there a way to purchase via Orbitz, Expedia, etc?
Apr 16th, 2008, 03:46 PM

Hi,

They probably do not accept american express. Try mc or visa. If you call, you will be calling Greece. I have called them and all went fine. Good luck!
Apr 16th, 2008, 04:20 PM

I don't think they take American Express.

Another problem may be that the flight is sold out.

I have booked all my Aegean flights through the website and have never had a problem, but have read about problems on Fodor's.

Type <Aegean Airlines> into the search box and see if other posters have had problems.

Thin
Apr 16th, 2008, 06:52 PM

I had trouble when I used one of my browsers (Safari, a Mac Browser) but no problem when I used FIrefox.
Apr 17th, 2008, 12:56 AM

I don't know why you are having problems with the Aegean Airlines website, but they do take American Express. See: http://www.aegeanair.com/aegeanen/se...eting_info.asp

Check to make sure you are entering card details correctly. It is possible all the flights are sold out, but the website should tell you that before you get to the payment stage.

If you are still having problems, why not give them a call?
Apr 17th, 2008, 05:23 AM

I was trying to book a flight on Olympic Airlines with my AmEx recently and it kept saying it couldn't accept my card. I finally called AmEx and the problem was AmEx - they wanted to make sure my card hadn't been stolen since I was suddenly trying to make a purchase through a Greek website. Call AmEx and they'll "clear" your card to make the purchase.
Apr 22nd, 2008, 08:58 AM

It could be that you have to call your credit card company first to let them know you are traveling to Greece. That's what happened with my Capital One card. Once I called them, I was able to book the flights on-line.
Apr 26th, 2008, 06:32 PM

be careful. same thing happened to me and it tried to put through amex charges 3 times. every time you enter your number it puts it through.