Reload this Page >

Help which hotel Venice

Search

Help which hotel Venice

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3rd, 2001, 12:06 AM
Anne

Help which hotel Venice

Has anyone stayed at either Hotel Locunda Gaffaro or Hotel Ca della Corte. They are both in Dorsoduro. We prefer staying that side not near St. Marks. Would appreciate any help. Ciao Anne

Old Dec 5th, 2001, 12:10 PM
Wayne

Anne---<BR>I don't know about those hotels, but I would recommend two others in the general vicinity: Pensione Accademia and La Calcina. The latter is a nice little place right on the Giudecca canal, and it's pretty peaceful with a lovely view across the water.

Old Dec 5th, 2001, 07:45 PM
ron

I second La Calcina. I stayed there for three nites in NOv. great location,beautiful breakfast and sitting areas. Great service and free boots if high tides are around. Easy to walk to major areas like san marco. Price also pretty good 300,000lira(145)

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 12:04 AM
Anne

Thanks Wayne and Ron I'll check out both Hotels. Think I know where the Accademia is but not sure of La Calcina.<BR>Have stayed a few times at Ai Due Fanali which was good but felt like a change.

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 05:50 PM
David Abdullah

The Accademia is great but I would recommend the superior rooms not the standard. They are doing serious construction in front of the accademia on a building on the canal. You may ask about it and the noise. I found a neat looking hotel(Pausania) near accademia on a canal you may try. 0415222083 fax 0415222989 or [email protected]

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 10:21 PM
Kathleen

Hi Anne,<BR><BR>I stayed at the Locando Gaffaro last April. It's in a very good location and the room we stayed in had a balcony near a small canal. The hotel was clean, reasonably priced (certainly cheaper than the Accademia, which was full when I tried to make a reservation) and the owner, David, was very helpful and nice.<BR><BR>There is a website and the pictures are very accurate. I thought it was a great value for Venice. It's a pretty new hotel and we felt that we were fortunate to have found it. <BR><BR>Have a great trip.<BR><BR>Kathleen

Old Jan 17th, 2004, 05:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't know if it's too late to reply--
I LOVED Ca Della Corte. Stayed with my family two summers ago. It is not in the hub of things, but it is in a real neighborhood where you can get a feeling for the real Venice. To get into the S. Marco ares, just take vaporettos.
Old Jan 17th, 2004, 06:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is late as this post originated in 2001 but it's good to know about Ca della Corte.