Help! Prague Hotel TTT

Apr 17th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Original Poster

Help! Prague Hotel TTT

Hi all,

I am going to Prague in the end of May and would love to hear some suggestions about hotels in a lively area. I want to stay in the part of town where there are always people.

I am going to Berlin, Budapest, and Vienna during that trip as well and would love to hear hotel recommendations for those towns also.

Please help!

Apr 17th, 2007, 12:50 PM

If you don't mind posting your budget, perhaps it would be easier for others to make suggestions.
Apr 17th, 2007, 12:55 PM

Don't know your budget or what kind of accommodations you're looking for, but we stayed in these two in Vienna and Budapest. Stayed at an apartment in Prague so can't help there. Both hotels were recommended on this forum and and I would stay at both again. The view from the Hotel Victoria is wonderful. (If you choose it ask for a corner room on a higher floor.) Have a wonderful trip.

http://www.pertschy.com/h_pension1_e.html
http://www.victoria.hu/
Apr 17th, 2007, 12:55 PM

Welcome to Fodors

You have posted this question 3 times - that really isn't the best way to use the forums.

Post a thread and then if you don't get enough response you top it by adding more info/clarification instead of starting a brand new thread.
Apr 17th, 2007, 12:58 PM

I stayed at the Hotel Paris which was perfect for us. Near the subway and a short walk to the main square. The main square was solidly packed with people in August and I was very pleased that we could leave it.
Apr 24th, 2007, 07:41 AM

Hi,
I stayed at the Cloister Inn in Prague a week ago and have to say it was a really good find! The location is smack bang in the middle of everywhere - minutes from both Charles Bridge and Old Town.
Hotel itself was also great - couldn't fault it!
Apr 24th, 2007, 07:47 AM

www.hotelcernyslon.cz/ehotel.html

We stayed at the above hotel in November and I thought it was a great place, picked us up at the airport, has a small little bar and is on the square, within walking distance of most of the sites.
Apr 24th, 2007, 08:29 AM

I've stayed at the Hotel Pariz (in Czech, more or less) in Prague, also, and loved it and it would definitely fit your criteria. It's a lovely hotel, right near things, but luckily a bit off the main streets so quiet enough.

There are many hotels that fit your criteria, however (one right on Old Town Square which is supposed to be quite nice-- U Prince). Hotel Metamorphoses is right by the Tyn Church in Old Town Square, and that would definitely be in a lively area, also.

There are many, but from reading another post I see that your budget is only US$150, I gather, so some of these are probably not going to work as end of May is probably the most expensive hotel season in Prague due to the international music festival. I don't think Pariz is that low during May. Good hotels book up early during that period, so you are really going to have to get cracking on getting a reservation.
Apr 24th, 2007, 08:34 AM

Try staying at the Hotel Residence Mala Strana in Prague and there is a wonderful hotel across from the Shronneburne Gardens in Vienna, I know that I am spelling it wrong, but the hotel was close to shopping and other amedities.