heathrow to gatewick

Jul 21st, 2002, 10:07 AM
chuck

heathrow to gatewick

Must get from Heathrow to Gatewick morning of 8/20/02. Any info on shuttle or any other airport to airport transportation service appreciated.

Jul 21st, 2002, 10:13 AM
Hal

Use the 'text search' box above.
Input 'gatwick to heathrow' and highlight 'United Kingdom' to bring up some answers.

Jul 21st, 2002, 10:17 AM
Hal

...or input 'heathrow to gatwick', as your case is...

Jul 21st, 2002, 02:44 PM
Doug Weller

WHen are you supposed to arrive in Heathrow, and when do you have to check in at Gatwick?

Doug

Jul 21st, 2002, 06:42 PM
nancy

I took Speedlink to get between the 2 airports. As I recall, it took about a 1/2 hour or so but it was included in a trip I was taking so don't remember the cost. It was very simple to take.

Jul 22nd, 2002, 01:37 AM
Steve James

Chuck -

Go to
www.gobycoach.com
for timetables & fares.

It takes 60-75 mins.

Steve

Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:43 AM
janis

Speedlink is a piece of cake - the ticket kiosk is very easy to find. But it definitely takes more the 30 minutes. The trip can take anywhere from 60 to 90 mins (sometimes even more if there is a traffic snarl)

Jul 30th, 2002, 07:39 AM
David White

Chuck,

British Airways says that the minimum connection time between Heathrow and Gatwick is 3 hours...that means your landing time at Heathrow and your take off time at Gatwick must be at least 3 hours apart.

IF you are flying BA, you take the Speedlink bus service for free--otherwise it costs about £17 one-way.

For info:

http://www.speedlink.co.uk

David White
http://www.KidsToLondon.com

Jul 30th, 2002, 08:52 AM
Christina

I just took that Speedlink last month and it took a lot longer than 30 minutes, that's for sure -- this was a Sunday in the middle of the day, fairly light traffic and I'd say closer to an hour was about right. However, there was at least a half hour or more added on just to wait for the bus to get on it--I'd hate to see that setup when it is busier. Speedlink was very disorganized and didn't have enough buses running or something (I overheard them talking about that amongst themselves, what a disastrous day it had been). Some people didn't even get on the bus when it came and had to wait for the next one--they said the problem wasn't the number of people or seats but that they don't have enough storage capacity on the bus for all the bags people have.