Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Has anyone stayed at Villa Modigliani in Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 10:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings, We are wondering about a hotel called Villa Modigliani in Paris. It gets pretty good reviews on tripadvisor as a nice budget establishment and we can get a good rate. Wondering if we can get any first hand reviews. Many thanks.
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 10:32 AM

In April 2005 (it's seems impossible that it could be that long ago!) my daughter and I stayed at The Modigliani Hotel. Location was great - right off the Piazza Barberini, walking distance to most attractions. Staff couldn't be more helpful or pleasant. Gave good restaurant recommendations close by the hotel. Breakfast was wonderful, with cappucino/espresso available at all times. We had one of the top two floor studio apartments, each with a small balcony. Took a room on a lower floor at the half day rate (which was very reasonable) while our room was readied. Noisy dropping noises since the floors are marble, but that could have just been the cleaning crew. We would definitely stay there again.
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 11:31 AM

Isn't the Modigliani Hotel travelchat mentions in Rome rather than Paris that RobynFrance is referring to?
Susan
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 11:32 AM

I think you two are talking about different cities as Paris doesn't have piazzas
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 12:35 PM

Yikes - my bad - I read Rome and not Paris. Good catch fellow Fodorites!
So sorry.
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 01:20 PM

Not to worry travelchat, I've bookmarked this for Rome after reading your recommendation. thanks
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 04:31 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all the same. We decided to go with Hotel Raspail Montparnasse as we got a good deal on Clikhotels AND it's a memory lane event for me. It was the first hotel I stayed in when I arrived in Paris 42 years ago to go to university there. Oh the memories and we are so glad we are in great shape and able to hoof it all over--also we usually stay in the 7th so this is a different perspective. Used to live in the 16th and can approach things differently.