Paris Hotel $150 a night

Old Jan 18th, 2004, 05:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris Hotel $150 a night

Looking for a wonderful hotel in Paris. I am very picky about it being very clean and I really don't want to know that a dog slept in the room before me. We stayed in the Hotel Minerve last summer and thought it was a good hotel. It was August and alot of the stores and restraunts were closed around us. I think we would like to try a diffrent area this time. Not near all the tourist eateries. The hotel de Fleurie looks wonderful but I am wondering if anyone can suggest a hotel just as nice but a little less expensive. I have read all the threads and looked into the Danube but no air cond?? Also thought of La Perle. Sorry asking same old question but I feel the hotel is a big part of the vacation and want to be thrilled with my hotel and location. Thanks
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 07:04 AM

http://www.closmedicis.com/

$140 single/$170 double.

We stayed here our fisrt time in Paris - great location next to Luxembourg Garden - very chic, friendly, lovely little hotel.
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 07:15 AM

Hmm. I have caught more communicable diseases from people than I ever have from dogs.

Just what is clean? Try taking a microscope to the duvet or the bed cover! All sorts of cute little international critters in the fibers.
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 08:41 AM

You're liable to see (well-behaved) dogs in the cafes in Paris. Will that be a problem for you too?
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 08:49 AM
Original Poster

Itswoody- I think we saw a total of three dogs in all of the restaurants we ate in France in two weeks last summer. Of course it was prob. to hot for them since it was over 100 degrees-I think they stayed back in their houses and hotel rooms. I do like dogs better than cigarettes.
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 09:06 AM
ira

Hi vino,

Welike the Hotel Bonaparte, 61 rue Bonaparte in the 6th. About 120E dbl wbkfst ensuite facilities and AC.

Do a text search for further info.
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 09:20 AM

We ate in a restaurant very near Raspail and Montparnasse. This big 4-legged fellow was obviously a regular customer there.
He would come in, sit in his designated place, and wait patiently for service.
The manager would drop food in his mouth, and he would be on his way after a polite "woof", which probably meant "Thank you."

He was very polite, did not smoke, and
did not leave any dirty dishes or eating utensils behind. As far as I know, he did not disturb any of the guests.

You know there is a corollary thought here. As much doggie doo as there is on the streets of Paris, I wonder how much of it gets tracked into hotel rooms and embedded in the carpets? Microscopic remnants resist all but a very thorough steam cleaning with strong detergents.
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 09:25 AM
ira

>As much doggie doo as there is on the streets of Paris, I wonder how much of it gets tracked into hotel rooms and embedded in the carpets? <

Not to mention the microscopic particles floating in the very air of the city.
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 09:27 AM

Some people are actually allergic to dog hair.

I think the odds that a dog will have been in the same room are low. They are allowed in some hotels, but I haven't seen a lot of them in hotels.

If you are going in August again, it should be really easy to get a nice AC hotel for $150, as many hotels have discounts in August. I don't know anything about La Perle. The Hotel de l'Academie in St Germain has AC and summer rates of only 129-149 euro for a deluxe double, for one example. It's at 32 rue des Saints-Peres. I haven't stayed there so don't know if it's wonderful, but is certainly a good value for that location and rating/amenities of hotel.
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 10:25 AM

The Relais du Louvre, in the 1st, has a/c; rooms start around 100€.
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 10:42 AM

Relais du Louvre has gotten great comments all-around except for the singles which are supposedly very tiny! I believe the regular double rooms are small too but other than that it's one of those rare nicely furnished hotels with great guest service.
I stayed at Hotel Abbatial St. Germain on Blvd. St. Germain. They have a/c and it's in a very conveninent location: the hotel's actually in the Latin Qtr. but it's a few blocks away from St. Germain. It's very very close to the Marais too.
Only thing I can recommend is that for a good enough sized room ask for a triple which is on either the 5th or 6th floors with good views or the Pantheon and/or Notre Dame and balconies.
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 04:32 PM
DrG

Our favorite is Hotel de le Bretonnerie. In the Marais. Spacious, clean, affordable. They have a web site.
Old Jan 20th, 2004, 05:36 AM

Caron de Beaumarchais in the Marais.

Rooms are small but have character, a/c. Service is super. Proprietors, Bigeards, pere et fils, are most cordial. Great location on right bank near Metro, Ile St. Louis, Notre Dame, Place de Vosges.