Search

Gritti Palace??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30th, 1998, 01:54 PM
Pam

Gritti Palace??

Has anyone ever stayed at the Gritti Palace? What was it like?

Old Nov 30th, 1998, 11:21 PM
joelle

Friends stayed there two years ago just before Christmas for their 10th wedding anniversary and were quite disappointed. Most of the rooms were being refurbished at that time, so a small room was put at their disposal for a very high price... Consequently they decided to check out after one night and the reception staff just did not care about it. My friends moved to the nearby Danieli hotel and found there a better service and a room which was up to their expectations. <BR>

Old Dec 1st, 1998, 05:54 AM
Pam

Thank you for your response. I will post another question about the Danieli.

Old Dec 1st, 1998, 12:43 PM
Cheryl Z.

<BR>We stayed there one night last summer on the advice of my husband's uncle who stayed there years ago and loved it. It was pricey - think it was in the 400.00 a night range. Beautiful rooms, view, ambiance. My husband wanted to just splurge one time while in Italy and that's why he chose the Griti, Othewise we'd look for something more reasonable. Second choice/recommendation was the Danali. I remember passing it, but don't remember much about it. Be aware of LARGE surcharge just to sit down and have lunch at the Gritti restaurant right on the water. I think our lunch was $75.00 and we didn't even have drinks. Of course, the view, ambiance, was terrific. But I don't think paying those kinds of prices get you any better quality of service or food or whatever. We found other places in rest of Italy we liked better for more reasonable prices.

Old Feb 27th, 2007, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know this long after you have come and gone but I'd like to share my experience Griti Palace... Not impressed at all! Full review of my stay is at http://www.bombasticlife.com/pe_ital...ce_hotels.html