Westin Europa & Regina in Venice

Nov 7th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Original Poster

Westin Europa & Regina in Venice

My husband and I are going to Venice for our 5th Wedding Anniversary, staying at the Westin Europa & Regina (using starwood points) any recommendations about the hotel? Someone suggested we had our nice dinner celebration at their Restaurant, what do you people think? thanks so much! Tatiana from Chicago
Jan 13th, 2010, 05:15 PM

My husband and I are going to this hotel as well and staying on Starwood points. We are going in July though! So, I am in the same boat as you - with antcipation and excitement. I guess the Regina side is the newer side, right? I hope they upgrade us to a canal view!
Jan 13th, 2010, 07:54 PM

We stayed there during our honeymoon to Italy. It was just gorgeous. What a nice hotel!! You will really enjoy it. I'm not much help other than to say it was excellent.
You know what though - they had a free, private boat which took us to Murano. You might check into that if you are interested.
The hotel staff was extremely helpful so be sure to ask them any questions you might have.
We didn't eat in the restaurant for dinner, but they did have a nice bar we spent a little time in.
Have a wonderful anniversary in Italy!
Jan 15th, 2010, 09:21 AM

This hotel gets very mixed reviews because some of the rooms badly need to be updated. (There is a very long thread on it in the Starwood forum of flyertalk.com.) That said, I loved the room that we were given on an awards stay in the spring of 2008. It was large by European standards and kind of old world, shabby chic. We were upgraded but not to a canal view, and I think that would be unlikely if you're going at a busy time. The location of the hotel is perfect. We didn't eat at the restaurant, so I can't comment on that.
Jan 15th, 2010, 08:52 PM

It's been two years but our room was in need of an update. Shabby chic is a nice way to put it. We did eat in the restaurant. The main course was excellent,salad ordinary and the dessert disppointing and fairly pricey if you don't get a deal. Good location. The bar is nice but ordered a Bellini and although I knew it was going to be expensive, I was surprised at the almost $20.00 price. It wasn't even that good of a Bellini.
Jan 16th, 2010, 11:22 AM

The hotel has a great location and newly redone rooms are fine - although we had an issue with AC _ they were turning it off at night. A couple of vociferous complaints (from us and others) fixed that. Didn;t eat there so can;t comment. We heave eaten at Harry's - which is right nearby - and which we like.
Jan 16th, 2010, 11:31 AM

We have dined there. Food was good and the view is fantastic. Bar has the same view which accounts for the prices they are able to charge. The public rooms are very nice. It's been a long time since we stayed at the hotel so I can't provide much insight on the current state of the individual rooms.