Triberg-Parkhotel Wehrle

Old May 4th, 2002, 05:41 PM
Cathy

Triberg-Parkhotel Wehrle

I would appreciate any info about the Park-
hotel Wehrle. Is this the best hotel choice in Triberg? Also,is it better to sleep in the
main house or in the other building where
the rooms have balconies? Thanks in advance.

Old May 10th, 2002, 05:15 AM
Rita

Kathy
My husband & I stayed at the Parkhotel Wehrle in 1989 - we were in the main building (without balcony). We had a lovely room on the upper floor with french windows overlooking alot of trees. It was really nice - we were amazed at no screens on the windows and no bugs! You could hear birds singing and crickets chirping. We loved it. I believe the rooms with the balconies are in a newer building - we didn't see that building, but recent pictures of it suggest modern American-style hotels rather than the unique character of the older main building. Sorry I am not much more help, but we really enjoyed the room in the main building! Also, I believe the Park Wehrle IS the best hotel in Triberg - we are going to Triberg again this summer and unfortunately can't stay there this time because they don't have quadruple rooms (we have 2 kids now). Have a nice trip!

Old May 10th, 2002, 05:50 AM
Julie

I don't know about their rooms, but we ate at their traditional restaurant (not the gourmet one) and had an excellent meal and extemely friendly service. The prices were also very good.

Old May 29th, 2002, 09:31 AM
den

Can't speak as to the other building. I felt, as your other respondent did, that the newer wing might lack character. Stayed in a front corner room, main building. Highly recommend this hotel. Public rooms gracious, dining/breakfast room, an absolute gem. Wonderful breakfast buffet, excellent casual dinner. Nothing close in Triberg. (This was in 2000) Good luck. Have fun.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 04:35 PM
Cathy

Thanks again for the help!