Great Hotel in Milan

Search

Great Hotel in Milan

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2005, 04:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great Hotel in Milan

Any recommendations for hotels in Milan near the Duomo and La Scala Opera House.
Thank you.
Old Sep 23rd, 2005, 04:13 PM

Hi--we stayed--just one night while recovering from the jet lag of arriving--at the Hotel Cavour. We went for a walk after our nap and passed by both the Duomo and La Scala, so I guess they were close!! The hotel was being renovated (in 2000) and we stayed in a non-remodelled room just to be able to check in immediately. It was fine and I imagine the rennovated ones are even better. Upon getting up from my nap, I went down to the lovely lobby and sat in the bar area and ordered a cappucino. It was served with such lovely old-world flourish. The hotel made a positive impression on me.
Old Sep 23rd, 2005, 04:38 PM

Having just returned from Milan, I cannot recommend Hotel di Spadari enough. One block from the Duomo. Breakfast is included and is to die for. The hotel staff is fabulous.
Old Sep 24th, 2005, 10:16 AM

I love Hotel de la Ville! It's a 4 star hotel, with a classic atmosphere. Have a look at their website.

http://www.delavillemilano.com/
Old Sep 24th, 2005, 11:29 AM

I agree with Desert Sue; the Spadari al Duomo is wonderful with the nicest staff I have ever encountered. You will not be disappointed if you stay there.

http://www.spadarihotel.com/
Old Sep 24th, 2005, 11:46 AM

I would like to add that we stayed on the top floor looking over the street, room 74. The young woman at the desk said it was her favorite room, sometimes called the honeymoon suite. (We are far from being honeymooners, BTW.)

If you decide to book the Spadari you will love this room. The bathroom is large and luxurious. It has a large floor to ceiling window.

Along with the great breakfast there is a happy hour with good tapas. Internet is free as well.