Hotel in Milan

Old Aug 17th, 2005, 06:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel in Milan

I would appreciate feedback from those who have stayed or know of Antica Locanda dei Mercanti in Milan. Grazie.
Old Aug 17th, 2005, 11:14 AM

go to www.tripadvisor.com and type in the hotel name. You'll find MANY reviews..some sketchy. Also type the name of the hotel in the search filed of this website and see if there have been previous posts about it.
Old Aug 17th, 2005, 12:40 PM

dexterbelle - what type of hotel are you looking for? I'm looking for a smaller charming hotel in the center of the city - isn't everyone??

Hotel Star, San Fransisco and Albergo Rio are ones I looked at last night. I don't have my notes with me now though.

For all the thread readers - I'd love more suggestions!
Old Aug 17th, 2005, 05:18 PM

We stayed in the Antica Locanda dei Mercanti on our first night in Milan in July. The location is great (a short walk to Via Dante.) The hotel itself is on the third floor (second floor in Italy) above a gymnasium in a nondescript building. Our room was very small, but comfortable. Our only complaint was that it was directly off the check-in desk.
I don't think I'd like to spend more than a night or two there, but for the price it was a good choice for your first or last night in Milan.
Old Aug 17th, 2005, 05:44 PM

We stayed at the Hotel Spadari al Duomo and thought it was great. It's right next door to Peck's, lovely room, and wonderful staff. Check it out on tripadvisor.com.
Old Aug 18th, 2005, 05:47 AM

Spadari looks excellent... not in our price range

I emailed Lcanda dei Mercanti for prices as I liked their website, but WOW are the tripadvisor reviews varied. I'll look again at guidebooks tonight and decide.
Old Aug 18th, 2005, 05:53 PM

Hi D,

We stayed at Antica Locanda dei Mercanti, although 5 years ago. We thought it was just fine.

Great location, reasonable prices. Very tiny rooms and baths, but also very clean. The comfortable beds and linens were the BEST of our 3 week trip. Simply wonderful, we slept like logs. Breakfast optional and served in your little room! Helpful front desk staff.

Buon viaggio!