Reload this Page >

good, casual restaurants in Florence

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 09:04 PM
x

Does anyone have any good recommendations for casual dining in Florence? Preferably, somewhere that would accept credit cards and near the Piazza della Signoria (we will be stayin near there).<BR><BR>Thanks!

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 09:16 PM
Leslie

I think the best dinner I had in Florence was the least expensive. The restaurant is called Palle d'Oro. It's just a few blocks off the Piazza Del Duomo in the direction of the Medici Chapel..sorry don't remember the street name. It was recommended by our B & B hosts. Don't be put off if there is a line to get in when you arrive. It moves quickly and the service and food were worth a short wait.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 09:20 PM
Sue

We liked the Cingale Bianco (white wild boar). Cross the Ponte Vecchio toward the Pitti Palace (opposite side of Arno from where your hotel is), turn right onto first street (Jacopo, I think). It's a couple of blocks down, left side of street. Appeared to be run by a family who knew many of the diners; great ambience and food. We made reservations around noon, by stopping by, for that evening.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 02:21 AM
Lesley

Another vote for the Cingale bianco. We were sent there by the desk clerk at our hotel. It's popular with the locals and we were advised to book.

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 09:14 AM
x

Thanks all for the recommendations! I'm open for more as we'll be there for a week . . .<BR><BR>Thanks again!

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 09:34 AM
Book Chick

Il Cavallino at 4 r via delle Farine. Good food, great service, very nice atmosphere.<BR><BR>Buon Viaggio & Buon Appetito,<BR>BC

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 10:01 AM
jsplitz

Hey<BR><BR>Trattoria del Carmine, in Piazza Del Carmine, it's a bit of a way from where you are, but anywhere in Florence is quite easily accessible. I was there for a couple of weeks last year, and it was by far and away the best place I ate....and reasonably priced as well. Most of the travel books list this place as one of the best in Florence.<BR><BR>try anything with the gorganzola<BR>and drink plenty of wine<BR>HAve fun

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 07:56 PM

topping

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 08:08 PM
Uncle Sam

We ate at a very nice, restaurant at the opposite end of the Ponte Vechio. <BR><BR>Do not recall the name, but as you cross the bridge coming from the Pitti Palace side, come off the bridge and turn right it is a short way, 25 yards perhaps, on the left. It was excellent!<BR><BR>US

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 02:01 AM
to

gruta di leo (lion´s cave), near the train station.<BR>Very casual, and with lots of italians, and if they eat there...

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 10:55 AM
Leslie

We ate at two great places in Florence last October:<BR><BR>1. Ristorante La Posta, on Via Lamberti Phone: 055 212701<BR><BR>2. Paoli, on Via Tavolini<BR>Phone: 055 216.215<BR><BR>Both are near the Piazza della Republica. Don't miss the minestrone soup or the dessert cart at Paoli!

Old May 8th, 2002, 12:21 PM
topper

toppering