Search

Glenbeigh

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 09:23 AM
Anthony

Glenbeigh

We are thinking of returning after fourteen years to Ireland in 2003. We have heard that the Glenbeigh Hotel is a charming place to explore the Dingle Peninsula, Kerry, etc.<BR><BR>Anyone who has stayed at this hotel or ones they liked in this area please let me know. We prefer personal experiences so please no websites. Thanks.<BR><BR>

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 09:18 PM
ttt

I am topping this for you so that you might find an answer. I have some web sites to share that would be very helpful but since you specifically said you did not want any, I will not post them here!

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 06:38 AM
Alec

I haven't stayed or been inside, but walked past the Old Glenbeigh Hotel (is this the one you mean?) last month. It's on the edge of the village on the road to Killorglin, and looked very pretty indeed (better than the photos on their website IMO). You get a view of Seefin hill on one side and Dingle Bay on the other, and the pretty Lough Caragh is 30 min on foot.<BR>If you can afford it, Ard na Sidhe Hotel on Caragh Lake looked absolutely gorgeous.

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 03:19 PM
xxx

The Glenbeigh Hotel looks wonderful on their web site (don't they all?) but it only has one star. Hummmmm.........

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 04:53 AM
Summer

Just bought Michele Erdvig's, www.irelandyes.com, guidebook. In Glenbeigh, she recommends Chipchase House ([email protected]). She has a two page review on it.<BR><BR>In the Dingle Peninsula, she recommends:<BR>Cloosmore House, Heaton's Guesthouse (www.heatonsdingle.com), Ard Na Greine House (Town & Country B&B), and Coill an Rois (www.dinglebb.com).<BR><BR>Hope this helps.

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 04:58 PM
jane

Summer, What do you think of Michelle's book? Is it worth the price? Any different from the others out there? Thanx.

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 05:26 PM
Summer

It is a good book. Her B&B reviews are very thorough, around 1-2 pages each. Another handy thing is the list of preferred shops & restaurants.<BR><BR>I'm still looking for more shopping recommendations.

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 08:33 PM
jane

Thanks Summer. I am off to order the book. Appreciate your comments.