General Question about Weather

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10th, 2023, 07:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am considering a trip April 3-16, 2024 that will cover the areas of Toulouse, France, northern Spain that will cover the Way of St. James, and ending in Lisbon. Those that have knowledge of the areas, what normally has been the weather in that timeframe. Thank you.
Old Aug 10th, 2023, 08:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
there are perfectly good historical records that Google can offer, but, climate change means that all bets are off and those historical records are no longer useful for forecasting.
Old Aug 10th, 2023, 08:43 AM

YOu could just look at the last year or two of historical records for April, various websites have that. That's only one specific week anyway, so anything couol happen slightly different then than the week before or after.

Here's Toulouse

https://weatherspark.com/m/46070/4/A...oulouse-France

Old Aug 10th, 2023, 10:44 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Given that it is over 235 days away, climate variation or no variation ,could be cooler tor hotter than average, might rain or be sunny.
Winds could be light or gusty, skies clear, partly cluody or overcast.

Most of the time I have been to Europe in April the weather has been Aprilly
The usual rule of thumb seems to be that the seasonal weather patterns settle in about eight weeks after the solstices.
In 2024 the March equinox is the 19th, so beginning of Arril you still have chance of a taste of wintry weather for that location.

Asking on forums about the weather so far in advance is like asking Carnac the Magnificent.

Old Aug 10th, 2023, 11:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bilboburgler
there are perfectly good historical records that Google can offer, but, climate change means that all bets are off and those historical records are no longer useful for forecasting.
Not to mention, we're all gonna die by New Years' Eve
Old Aug 10th, 2023, 03:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
One thing to know is that a rain forecast in Paris generally just means scattered showers and almost never a full day of rain.
Old Aug 10th, 2023, 07:01 PM

April is a little less unpredictable than March but March is totally unpredictable.

My suggestion would be to plan a trip that can handle anything from winter rains to a summer heat wave. Over two weeks and a large geographic area you might face it all.

If you're planning to go over the mountain pass on foot I'd strongly suggest paying serious attention to the weather report right before you leave and if the weather is even a little bad at sea level don't go.
Old Aug 10th, 2023, 10:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
"If you're planning to go over the mountain pass on foot I'd strongly suggest paying serious attention to the weather report right before you leave and if the weather is even a little bad at sea level don't go"

amen to that
Old Aug 10th, 2023, 11:37 PM

As everyone has said you can get all weathers in April. I would plan for it to be in the mid-high teens in Toulouse during the day and similar across the route in Northern Spain, although the section near the French border could be cooler. Overnight temperatures can drop noticeably. Take waterproofs for occasional showers./downpours. Lisbon should be pleasant weather around 20 degrees.
Old Aug 14th, 2023, 10:58 AM

Northern Spain is lushily green and mountainous and generally rainy. Once said this...it tends to rain less and less every year, but weather in this area (I live in the Basque Country) is highly unreliable.