Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Phuket: Weather, Hilton, and General Travel Advice?

Oct 5th, 2005, 06:42 AM
Original Poster

Hello-Next November, we are thinking of doing a Thailand trip--half Bangkok, half Phuket. It seems weather in November should be fine, but just wanted to confirm with folks who have been there. Also, has anyone stayed at the Hilton Phuket? (we have Hilton points)Last but not least, any advice on enduring the flight/finding "good deals" to upgrade to business class?(flying from Chicago)Husband's biggest fear is length of flight. Much thanks!
Oct 5th, 2005, 09:35 AM

watch united from chicago...plan on $1000 for coach...some fodors people from chicago have good luck upgrading....do you have status as well--it helps
Oct 5th, 2005, 12:01 PM

I haven't stayed at the Phuket Hilton, but I've read a lot of favorable posts about it in the Hilton forum of Flyertalk.com. It sounds like a good value for points at only a category 1.
Oct 6th, 2005, 12:26 PM

skigirl74
I will be in Bangkok and Phuke this November and will post a trip report when I return to the states. Keep an eye of this forum and I'll answer your questions.
Oct 6th, 2005, 10:48 PM

The Hilton Phuket used to be the Arcadia Hotel.

The most important factor to note is that the Hilton is 'not' on the beach, it is across a beach raod to reach the beach. It is a large and spawling hotel, if you asre happy with location not on the beach then fine, but remember you can find really nice places such as Le Meridien which is absolute beachfront.
Oct 6th, 2005, 10:53 PM

Weather you should be fine in November, about 34-37 most days.

If yuo want to see photos and browse places try www.phuket-luxury-hotels.com and you can see photos and location maps, you can see the Hilton and then compare with say Le meridien beach Resort, Kata Thani, le meridien Yacht Club, and then the places that are further from busier part of the island such as Sheraton / Dusit etc.