Search

Gatwick Express ?? Specific Ticket Question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2009, 04:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gatwick Express ?? Specific Ticket Question

Good morning.

I already sent Gatwick Express customer service an email, but thought someone on here may know the answer.

I purchased a roundtrip Gatwick Express ticket for my trip in May. Some co-workers are going at the same time, we're on the same flight, and staying at the same hotel (for the two nights I'll be in London as opposed to W. Yorkshire).

I'm considering not using the outbound (Gatwick to Victoria) poriton of the ticket, and riding in the van with them, direct to the hotel, but I want to make sure that I will still be able to use the return portion of the ticket.

Any thoughts???

Thanks!
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 04:48 AM

Yes you can, but it would be quicker & cheaper for your co-workers to use the up to four people for the price of 2 offer that the GEX has and get a taxi from Victoria - assuning of course Victoria is the best place for them to travel to in the first place
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 05:15 AM
Original Poster

I agree Alan. But I don't think there will be any convincing them. What would the taxi cost be like from Victoria to the Waldorf Hilton in the west end area?

This would not be my first choice, I acutally have a little place I stay in Earl's Court that I really like, but since I'm only spending two days with the group, I figure it will just be easier to stay with them at the Hilton (although it will cost a bit more.).

Thanks so much!
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 05:52 AM

pantella,

The next time you go to London--and don't have to accommodate co-workers--take a Southern train from Gatwick to Victoria. It's only 10 minutes slower than the GEX--and a lot cheaper.
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 06:02 AM

pantelia,

I misspelled your name in my previous post. Sorry. Have you told your co-workers how much faster the GEX will be compared to taking a van? If you get caught in heavy traffic, they'll wish they had listened to you.
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Original Poster

I did, I did, and I have taken the Southern before and for whatever reason, I booked the express this time! I plan to tell them about the 4 for 2 special, but did I read that right that you can only get them in person at the ticket offices? I wouldn't personally have a problem with that, but I think that they might.
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 07:22 AM

Southern DaySave
4 adults £20
peak restrictions

Riding from LGW to London by road (car, taxi, van) is insane.
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 08:11 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
You want to ride in a van - after an overnight flight - and take more than 2 hours to get to your hotel? If you just want the camaraderie of being in that van w/ your co-workers - fine.

But if it was me, I'd take the Express, go to the hotel, unpack, get cleaned up, have a drink in the bar, and be waiting for them when they arrive . . . . .