Reload this Page >

Galicia, northern Spain in June?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2002, 01:07 PM
Carol

We are considering a return trip to Spain in June, 2003, and would like to see some of northern Spain. We are considering Galicia and possible Asturias/Cantabria for this trip. (We have been to Segovia, Toledo, Extremadura, and much of Andalucia on earlier trips.)<BR>We would really appreciate any suggestions on sights to see, accomodations, food, etc. We are not big on night life and generally prefer the smaller towns to the big cities. Our Spanish is pretty good, plus I have a good phrase book ;&gt Also, any personal experience on the climate in June; we have checked various websites, but find that they mostly deal with averages.<BR>Thanks for any help you can give us!<BR>Best regards, <BR>Carol

Old May 23rd, 2002, 02:00 PM
Rex

See the post Galicia-to-Bretagne - - might or might not be of interest to you.<BR><BR>http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=2&tid=1336953<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR><BR><BR>

Old May 23rd, 2002, 05:22 PM
Maribel

Carol,<BR>We did a fairly extensive Galicia, Asturias, Cantabria last June and the previous June as well. If you'd like, I'd be glad to send you our itinerary and some ideas for sightseeing, dining, accomodations if you send me an email (I'm travelling right now, checking email and waiting at airport, so can't post a detailed report here). The weather was absolutely beautiful for us last summer; surprisingly we had little to no rain in Green Spain! You'll love Northern Spain-a fantastic place to spend a holiday!<BR><BR>Regards,<BR>Maribel

Old May 24th, 2002, 05:22 AM

top<BR>

Old May 24th, 2002, 10:10 AM
Davidx

I have made a number of folders of notes on Spain,including one on Galicia and on north Portugal and I will send them if you let me have an e-mail address.

Old May 24th, 2002, 05:30 PM
Wanda

Where is Galicia exactly?<BR>

Old May 25th, 2002, 12:19 AM
Jose

Galicia is in the north west corner of Iberian Peninsula (Spain and Portugal), facing Athlantic Ocean, and in the north the Cantrabian Sea (sp?). So it it is much more green than other parts of Spain in the south.<BR><BR>Before Columbus went to America it was supose to be the end of the world so there is Finisterre Cup (Fisterra in Galicia's language). There is another Finisterre in France, but it is not so western.

Old May 25th, 2002, 11:20 AM
up

up<BR>

Old May 26th, 2002, 05:05 AM
Richard

We are going to Northern Spain, leaving June 27 and plan to go along the Northern Coast by car through the Pyrenees to Barcelona We have 9 days followed by a week in barcelona. <BR>Some of the information provided to Carol would be very useful. We would like to stay in the smaller cities/villages after visiting Santander/Bilbao/San Sebastian. <BR><BR>How compulsive do we need to be in booking ahead at this time of year? I assume we need have reservations for the weekend, particularly in the coastal towns, but is the same true mid week?<BR><BR>Has anyone been to the wine country?<BR><BR>Richard<BR>

Old May 29th, 2002, 06:10 PM
john

topping<BR>would also like to hear more information. Thx,<BR>John

Old May 31st, 2002, 08:04 AM
Maribel

Carol,<BR>I've finally, very belatedly, sent you that promised file, "my ideal Galicia/Asturias/Cantabria" itinerary with all the info I could put together regarding touring, lodging, sightseeing, dining from Baiona, Galicia to Santander, Cantabria.<BR>Hope you find some of it useful in planning your journey. <BR><BR>And thanks very much for the tips regarding Priego! <BR>Regards,<BR>Maribel<BR><BR>