Search

Food Delicacies of spain

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2016, 12:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Food Delicacies of spain

VEG DELICACIES
Yummy, mouth watering veg delicacies a Traveller shouldn't miss eating in Spain.

-Berenjeas Fritas - It is also called Fried Eggplant. The Eggplant is deeply friend, and served with honey.

- Calamares Des Campo - It is rings of onions and pepper, deep fried. It is called country style Calamari.

Zanahorias Alinadas - It is called marinated carrots. Olive oil, vinegar, garlic and cumin sre garnished on top of the carrot and served cold.

paella Primavera - It is a Spanish rice dish made out of broccoli.

Gazpacho - It is a soup, made out of tomatoes. Vinegar, garlic and cloves are add and served.

NON VEG DELICACIES
Lip smacking dishes one shouldn't miss eating when travelling to Spain.

-Chicharron - It is a dish made out of pork.

-Cuchifritos - It is a fried lamb or goat meat garnished with olive oils, garlic, basil, bay leaves and spearmint.

-Pinchitos - A Morrocan dish, made out of meat. It is traditonally cooked, on charcoal braziers.

-Esabeche - It is a dish made out of fried fish, and chicken. It is marinated and served.

-Fideva- It is a noodle dish, made out of seafood and served with aioli sauce.

Food not only serves our stomach, they give energy to do our things more and more. A traveller who is aware of food, eats the best and travels the best.
Old Apr 13th, 2016, 09:53 AM

Hi!

May I mention another veg delicacie? Maybe not allover Spain but at least in Galicia you can find it very easily:

- Pimentos Padron (and I don't know the name in English, I'm sorry. Google does not help, it says Pimentos = peppers. My husband says "red peppers". Well, you have it in yellow, red, or green, mexican style, italian style... these from Spain are green and very small, they are grilled and served just with salt. The secret here is that some are sweet, others are HOT, but as HOT as you can imagine. So besides being good, it's a funny thing to eat.
Old Apr 13th, 2016, 09:58 AM
Original Poster

Tq. I noted the recipe. Thanks for sharing.
Old Apr 14th, 2016, 06:55 AM

Any really noteworthy places of interest on the North coast. Will be up there in mid June for a week as Far East as Bilbao. Thanks, Stan
Old Apr 14th, 2016, 06:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to Fodors, Radhika. Threads on Spain really belong on the Europe board, not many people read this one.

srshorb - there have been several threads on northern Spain on the Europe board recently, or you could start your own....
Old Apr 15th, 2016, 10:08 AM
Original Poster

Ok