Shopping in Italy

Old May 20th, 2002, 04:24 PM
Jen

Shopping in Italy

I will be traveling in Italy for two weeks in September primarily in the Tuscany region, the Amalfi Coast and Rome. I'm hoping to find a place that sells the De Simone ceramics in these areas. Any help would be appreciated or other pearls of wisdom!

Old May 20th, 2002, 07:51 PM
Kay

Jen,
the two best places we saw for ceramics were Ravello on the Amalfi coast and San Gimignano in Tuscany. SG had a huge range with shop after shop all selling gorgeous ceramics. You may get some more info from www.sangimignano.com
Kay

Old May 22nd, 2002, 09:27 AM
cherie

I love the De Simone ceramics!! I found them 3 years ago at a store in Rome and I try to buy something every time I can get there. The store in Rome is in Piazza Navonna . It's on a corner near the center of the piazza. I don't remember the name of the shop but it has the largest selection I've ever seen and they are displayed in the windows. The shop is not open on Saturday afternoons or Sundays. I can check my receipts and find the name of the store but you won't have any trouble finding it if you just go to Piazza navonna. Last year they shipped a large platter home for me. The shipping was nearly as much as the platter but I could never have carried it so it was worth it.
I'm curious - where did you see the De Simone ceramics?

Old May 22nd, 2002, 12:22 PM
Helen Donegan

Have a look at the article Jen - you might find it useful:
http://www.italywithus.biz/ezine/May...4.htm#survival

Old May 24th, 2002, 05:18 AM
shop

topping

Old May 31st, 2002, 09:09 AM
Tess

-
Suggestion per "DJ" (Italy trip report posted last October):
= = = **** = = =

Author: DJ ([email protected])
Date: 10/03/2001, 01:27 pm

their email is : [email protected]

Their site product catalog is not up yet (big time unfortunate), as I was hoping to look at what I wanted to order next,.

Seems they've been in business for 20 years. FYI, if you pay cash for your purchases, they'll give you a 10% discount. We did not.

----------------------------
The store is located in Ravello. It's been a couple years since I was on Amalfi Coast. I liked a store in Positano; actually located on the road going from Positano to Amalfi (just before you get to La Fenice) --- Ceramica Casola.

San Gimignano is stuffed with shops selling all kinds of ceramics. Styles in Tuscany are different than what you'll see in Amalfi Coast area. Follow the shopper's rule --- if you see & like it, buy it then!