From Amboise to CDG

Jan 30th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Original Poster

From Amboise to CDG

We will be staying in Amboise until the day before our flight home from CDG. Can anyone recommend a great last night stop within a two hour drive of the airport?
Thanks so much for any suggestions.
Jan 30th, 2004, 04:10 PM

Amboise itself is only about 2 1/2 hours from CDG. I'd stay there and not bother about another overnight. If you have an early flight..spend the day in the Amboise area and leave in late afternoon, to spend the night at CDG.

If you have a late flight leave in the AM.
Jan 30th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Jody. I thought it would be a longer drive. Sounds like a plan.
Feb 4th, 2004, 09:05 AM

Chartres is a nice stop. We flew into CDG, skirted around Paris and stayed the night in Chartres (see the cathedral) and then went on to Amboise.
Feb 4th, 2004, 09:16 AM

Chartres is a little closer, but if you were going to move, I'd get closer to the airport. I would never want to stay in Amboise my last night before a flight from CDG because it's too far away for me. I think Fontainebleau would be a possibility in-between the two and much closer to the airport. If you haven't been to Fontainebleau, that could be a good idea, but I wouldn't go there late at night just for that.
Feb 4th, 2004, 12:21 PM

When we have an early flight from CDG, we usually spend the night at the Ibis Hotel adjacent to the CDG train station (Roissypole). Other areas close to CDG and quick to get to are Chantilly and Auvers Sur Oise. There is a fairly new and very uncrowded motorway from CDG to Cergy-Pontoise that has easy connections to Chantilly and Auver Sur Oise.

The Ibis at CDG Roissypole is very basic but clean and around $80 for a double.
Feb 4th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the good advice. Rex suggested the Best Western in Chartres and I followed his counsel. I am saving all the other suggestions for the next trip. It is never too soon to start thinking about it!