Frankfurt Terminals and Concourses

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello I'm curious, because I will fly from US to Germany (Frankfurt) via Spain and I found out, I will arrive Terminal 1 Concourse A (Gate A20) and I will departure same Terminal and Same Concourse but different Gate (Gate A30).

I wonder if I should transit without passing Immigration and Security Check, or I should pass Immigration and Security Check? because I will be in the same Terminal/Concourse from Arrival to Departure.

What should I do with my baggage/luggage? picking up and re-check again? and Custom Check? and my tickets.

thanks
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Original Poster

I just forgot

Should I pass Immigration and Customs in Spain again?

thanks again
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Original Poster

I'm sorry again my english is not too well I will re-edit

From USA to Spain via Germany (Frankfurt)
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 10:16 PM

So you trip is US --> FRA --> Spain, right?

I went through BOTH the passport control AND the carry-on security check at FRA.

Checked luggage go to Spain before you can get hold of them provided that is the destination of your luggage (what the tag says is the final destination.) Customs check will be at Spain when you retrieve your luggage.

The gate assignments at FRA has been a roulette game -- never know the actual assignment until I get there. The airline counter can give you approximate info, whether it is terminal A or B and the probably gate number, but the actual assignment does not get posted until about one hour before the departure.
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Original Poster

thank you greg, I was confused since i checked Frankfurt Airport map and I saw there is not passport control in concourse A
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 08:00 AM

- Your baggage will be checked through to your final destination. You will go through customs in Spain - but that's nothing.

- There will be passport control in Frankfurt (because you enter there the Schengen zone) and none in Spain (because it is like a domestic flight).

- There will be no more security check if you stay within concourse A. Gates 20 and 30 are pretty close to each other. In former times, there used to be an additional security check for those deboarding a flight from the U.S. but this completely senseless check has been abolished.
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 11:16 AM

on your way back to the states (if connecting in frankfurt), you are likely to see security check(s) even if you are not leaving the security area. the last time i flew to the states, i had two security checks after i had passed the initial one. the good news is that you won't have to take your shoes off.
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Original Poster

sweet, I hate to take my shoes off then put shoes back again yuck lol

thanks again