France 4th till 17th july

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you please help me plan my France trip? Any advice on what to see, things to do. I am there from July 4th till July 17th. I will be coming from Germany (not sure via train or via air). I want to leave Paris for the end of the trip....but not sure what else to go and see. I do realise the bike race is on around the same time.Please help in planning my trip. My appreciation for your effort in advance.
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 05:25 PM

If you tell us a little about yourself - gender, age, interests and general budget - people can help.

Without that - we don;t know if you want to climb Mont Blanc or just sit in a luxury resort.

And you need to allow for July 14 being Bastille Day - when many things are closed.
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 04:53 AM
ira

Hi nd,

You could start with "Destinations".

A couple of guide books, at your local library, would help.

After you have a draft plan, come back and we will help you with it.

Old Apr 27th, 2010, 09:29 AM

The Tour de France doesn't hit Paris until 7/25.

You've only got two weeks, that isn't very long. It's very hard to advise you without knowing what you actually WANT to do, what interests you, how you intend to get around (I presume train, but can't tell), where you intend to enter the country, your budget, etc.

But for two weeks only, I'd suggest two areas, three at the most. How about Nice, then Provence then Paris.
Old May 9th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Original Poster

I will be travelling around via train most of the time.
As mentioned earlier, I will be entering via Germany via train. That is what I need suggestions for, whether I should head straight for Paris or go to Chamapgne first or any other place close to Germany that is worth exploring.
I am not fused about what I do in France, I just want to make the trip worthwhile. Having said that I don't want to spend all my time climbing mountains or moe hill either. I would like to get bit of taste of France e.g. french food, wine, festival, palaces etc.

Tentatively, I am looking at Champagne, Loire, Brittany...I was under the impression that Nice and Provence were too far to be included in my trip.
So, I am open to any suggestion