Paris Tours

Old May 9th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris Tours

OK, I am lazy and also 70 years old and perhaps just a little jaded. But this July we will be in Paris (husband and I) along with a 19 year old and a 24 year old. The 24 year old is a former exchange student of our's from Thailand and this will be her first experience in France. One week only. I am looking for a one day tour of the city just to get her oriented and for an overall view before we get down to more specific sites where I will take her myself (Versailles, Montmartre) I had arranged a Greyline tour for her in San Francisco several years ago which she thoroughly enjoyed. The 19 year old is our son and he has been in Paris several times when he was younger but not quite a tour guide. Any suggestions or should I just give them the Michelin and a metro pass?
Old May 9th, 2010, 12:37 PM

What about the open top hop on hop off buses, they give you a good overall layout of the city, with commentary about the attractions?
This was the first thing I did when I arrived in Paris, and for me was the easiest way to become orrientated with the cities layout. Its also relaxing, especially if you are suffering a bit of jetlag.

http://www.parislopentour.com/
Old May 9th, 2010, 04:17 PM

At those ages give them a guide book and a couple of carnets.
Old May 9th, 2010, 04:32 PM

send them on a Fat Tire Bike tour... we just did one and it was great! Also a good way to orient yourself with things and is much more active and engaging than sitting on a bus.

Lots of young people do it...
Old May 9th, 2010, 04:41 PM

maile, of course, a boat trip on the Seine, day or night, is a must in my view. Enjoy!
Old May 9th, 2010, 06:02 PM

I recommended the Sandeman's free 3 hour walking tour to an acquaintance who was going to Paris for the first time. She came back and raved about it and this is not a person who is easily impressed. She's been to Europe often and has relatives in Italy but hadn't been to paris before. Her husband was so impressed with the tour that he gave the guide a hefty tip.

This tour goes from Place St-Michel (where you meet the guide) to the Arch of Triumph so it does not cover the entire city but does the main sights along the Seine. This might be something to get her oriented without taking the entire day.

http://www.newparistours.com/index.p...d=17&Itemid=30
Old May 9th, 2010, 06:56 PM

Cityrama and Parisvision offer a variety of coach tours. The HOHO is another good choice as is Fat Bike and Segway tours. A good Seine cruise is Vedettes du Pont Neuf..I'd recommend doing this at night.