Notices

football tickets

Old Oct 19th, 2005, 08:33 AM
M3
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
football tickets

I'm going to be in London on Sat., 10/29. If possible, I'd like to attend a football match on that day. There appear to be 2 premiership games in/around London that day (Chelsea v Blackburn and Tottenham v Arsenal). Based on previous posts, my guess is that the Tottenham v Arsenal game will be a difficult ticket. Any thoughts on how much I would have to pay to get into the Chelsea game? Also, any suggestions for Championship league games on 10/29 around London that would have tickets available at reasonable prices?

Thanks
Old Oct 19th, 2005, 08:48 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Chelsea will be very expensive and I imagine difficult to get without going to an expensive ticket broker. Normal way to get tickets is to go straight to the club themselves, but this MAY not work for Chelsea as I think you have to be a member to get tickets. Worth a look anyhow...
www.chelseafc.com

Charlton v Bolton is also a London Premiership game on that date, and will be much easier to get tickets (and cheaper). Buy them through the charlton site:
http://tickets.cafc.co.uk/main_tickets.ink
Old Oct 19th, 2005, 10:38 AM
M3
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks. I went to the Charlton website and it is currently not showing any tickets available for sale. Does this mean they are sold out or do they release tickets for sale in the days leading up to the game?

Also, would any of the Championship league games on 10/29 in the London area worth going to? Although I would prefer to go to a Premiership game, my heart is not set on it.

Thanks again
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 07:06 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I clicked through from my link and found there WERE tickets for sale?? Try this
http://tickets.cafc.co.uk/ticketSelect.ink

As for the Championship, there are no London games on that date, but if you're prepared to catch a train, then Reading play Leeds (Reading is 30mins by train from Paddington). Leeds are a big, famous, normally premiership, club going through a down patch, so it's a chance to see a big team, albeit in a small ground. I still think Charlton are your best bet - not the biggest of premiership clubs, but premiership none the less.

Of course if you can find the cash, then seeing Chelsea would be a truly memorable experience. It'll cost about £100 to go through a broker such as www.ticketbroker.co.uk

Spurs v Arsenal (a London derby game) would cost about double that.
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 01:10 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My team Watford (The Hornets) are playing Wolves on the 29th and Watford is easier to get to than Reading. Just take the Metropolitan Line from Baker Street to Watford (40 minutes) from where it's a ten minute walk to the ground.
There will be tickets available on the day but it's slightly cheaper to buy in advance. If you can't get Premiership tickets and you want a trip out to the wilds of Hertfordshire then you are welcome to contact me at [email protected]
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 03:30 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Forget Tottenham v Plumstead Nomads. It’s one of the world’s great derby games and is completely sold out. Occasionally tickets show up from dodgy “ticket brokers” but remember – it is actually illegal to resell football tickets and THFC v AFC is a Category “C” game in police terms (ie extremely high likelihood of trouble) and as such is strictly enforced. I will have to behave myself.

Also Spurs are currently running an “out the tout” campaign against touted tickets (what yanks call “scalpers” we call “touts”), and if the name on the ticket ain’t yours – you ain’t getting in. Caveat emptor and all that.

Chelsea are relatively easy to get tickets for – they don’t often sell out as their fan base is a soft as a two minute egg, and they don’t go to anything other than the “glamour games” (they really are that two-bob). Try the web site. Also CFC v BRFC is not a glamour game.

Charlton v Bolton would be OK – but the Valley’s a pretty lifeless place in comparison with Stamford Bridge or White Hart Lane.
Old Dec 16th, 2005, 09:55 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
football tickets

i going to london and i was wondering does anyone know how to get arsenal normal home tickets for games between dec 21st to jan 8th.i would appreciate anyones help
Old Dec 17th, 2005, 02:11 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't hold out much hope. The wrong 'uns sell out all their home games and any spare seats are only sold to club members - so you would have to join.

As I said above there are brokers - but these aren't cheap. Try Stargreen.

You take your chances outside the ground - there are always touts about - but se what I said above about the legality of this and the risks. Expect to pay at least double the face value.

There are lots of other clubs in London, maybe yopu might think about seeing them (You won't get into Arse-anal, Spurs or Chelsea, but the rest are possible)
Old Dec 17th, 2005, 02:11 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tickets for Arsenal home games are like gold dust. Until they move to their new stadium, Highbury only has a capacity of 38,000 and every game is a sell out. The only exception is some cup-ties, and they are playing Cardiff City (from division below) on Jan 7 at 1 pm. Currently tickets are only sold to members, but some may become available to general public. Check out http://www.arsenal.com/membership/ar...article=332916
For regular Premiership matches, your only hope is paying a ticket agent or tout/scalper a premium price (i.e. a few hundred pounds) or get one of hospitaly packages from Arsenal.com.
Old Dec 17th, 2005, 02:13 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
you might also try posting on a few message boards, areseweb is the main one I am aware of.

You won't get a ticket there but the fans will be able to point you in the right direction.
Old Dec 17th, 2005, 11:43 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Almost certainly too late for this thread, and may not work for Chelsea and Arsenal (and probably Spurs), but overseas fans who write directly to the club can sometimes be helped.

I belong to a mailing list of supporters of my local premiership side, many are residents of other countries. As most home games are sold out, or close to sell out, there is little chance of picking up a ticket on the day. Several mailing list members have and success by writing to the ticket office a couple of months before a game, saying where they are from, and which games they would be interested in.
Old Dec 18th, 2005, 02:19 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
One final possibility is to buy a hospitality package which gets you a meal some drinks and a seat - phone the gooners and ask them if they have any of these available (possibly for the FA cup game).

If it's just a football game you want to see you should know that arsenal are about the worst for atmosphere (the stadium is universally known as the "Highbury Library").

If you want to get the full-on football experience - go to West Ham who play some nice football, and have passionate crowds.

Another team you won't be able to see is Milwall as they have a very strict membership scheme.
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 05:23 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am going to England in march and would like to visit Liverpool vs Barcelona game. Did anyine hear about ticketbrocker.co.uk company? I want to buy tickets there but want to deal only with relaible company. Thank you
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 07:27 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't know anything about this company. What I do know though is that you wil be able to get tickets much cheaper outside the ground.