Reload this Page >

Florence hotel Pendini

Search

Florence hotel Pendini

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 10:59 AM
Trisha

Florence hotel Pendini

Does anyone know about this hotel? It's listed in Fodors 2000,but there is nothing about it on website. Was it so bad it was dropped?

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 01:05 PM
Andy

"Founded in 1879, the family-owned and -run Pensione Pendini offers an old-fashioned environment in a distinguished setting. One of the oldest pension in Florence, it is located on the fourth floor of an arcaded building in the very center of town. The breakfast room, now located in a redecorated large room inside the arch, offers a view on the whole via Strozzi. Some of the bedrooms have quite a lot of character, with reproduction of antiques. The Pendini is one of the long-enduring favourites among pensione devotees visiting Florence." Extract from the Frommers Guide.<BR><BR>"The atmosphere of an old-fashioned Florentine pensione is intact here, though most bedrooms have been freshly renovated. Public rooms are delightful; furnishing throughout are early 19th century antiques or reproductions. Most bedrooms have brass or walnut beds, pretty floreal wallpaper, and pastel carpeting. Many rooms can accomodate extra beds. The location is central, and rates are low for the category." Extract from the Fodor's Guide - 1995 edition.<BR><BR>This is what I was able to get off their website- I had to access it thru GOOGLE.COM and put in pendini---<BR><BR>Hope this helps you- I did NOT stay here-

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 01:11 PM
Andy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR> <BR> <BR><BR>All our rooms have private bathroom, air conditioning, Satellite TV, telephone with direct line.<BR><BR>Hair dryers and safety deposit box are available for your free use. <BR>Please ask at the front desk. <BR><BR>Click here for:<BR>Hotel Pendini Main Page, Breakfast Room, Location & Car Maps, Rate List, More Info, Pendini History, E-Mail, Reservation Form.<BR><BR>Hotel Pendini Availability Request and Reservation Form<BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>In order to process your reservation please complete the form below supplying at least the fields tagged with (*). <BR>The message will reach the reservation desk of the Hotel Pendini, and you will receive the answer in a few hours. For security reasons, if you prefer, you can send your credit card information split in two separate messages.<BR><BR> Arrival date : Month 123456789101112 Day 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293 031<BR>Departure date : Month 123456789101112 Day 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293 031<BR>Room kind Single RoomDouble roomTwin bedded roomTriple bed roomFour Bed roomFamily Suite - 3 peopleFamily Suite - 4 peopleFamily Suite - 5 peopleFamily Suite - 6 people<BR><BR><BR>Full name : (*)<BR>Company : <BR>Address : <BR>City : (*)<BR>Country : (*)<BR>State : Zip code : <BR>Telephone Number : (*)<BR>Time of day to call : <BR>Fax Number : <BR>e-mail : (*) VERY IMPORTANT !!!<BR>Reply by e-mail : <BR>Reply by phone : <BR>Reply by fax : <BR><BR>If we already confirmed availability, please send the following<BR>credit card information as a guarantee for the booking.<BR>Cancellation policy: three days before arrival, one night charge<BR>for no-show. We accept the following credit cards:<BR>Visa, Masteracard, Eurocard, American Express, JCB.<BR>You can also send this information by fax at number: ++39-055-281.807<BR>If you wish to speack with our front desk, please call ++39-055-211.170.<BR><BR>Credit Card : <BR>Credit Card Number : <BR>Expiration Date : <BR>Notes : <BR> <BR><BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>Hotel Pendini * * *<BR>Via Strozzi, 2 - 50123 Florence, ITALY<BR>Tel: ++39 055 211.170 Fax:++39 055 281.807 E-Mail: [email protected]<BR>We are also owners of Hotel Basilea and Hotel Ritz in Florence, Italy. <BR><BR><BR>ALL THIS INFO IS FROM THEIR WEBSITE WHICH ALSO INCLUDED PHOTOS OF BEDROOM,BREAKFAST ROOM etc-

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 01:16 PM
Andy

Message: Has anyone heard of or stayed at the Hotel Belletini, Pensione Pendini or Basilea in Florence?<BR><BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR> <BR>Author: Susan ([email protected])<BR>Date: 08/30/2001, 11:54 am<BR>Message: I stayed at the Pendini 2 years ago, and am going back in 2 weeks. I have heard someone say on this forum that they didn't care much for it, but I think it's great. Family run, great location, 5 minutes from the Duomo - part of it faces a big square that has bands at night, this time I requested a double room on the other side. Cost: $130. They have a website.... <BR>http://www.tiac.net/users/pendini/hotel.html<BR><BR> <BR>HI-I got this off the FODOR's Text search at the top of this page- type in Pendini hotels and to the box to the right of this-scroll down and click on ITALY and then hit GO-- it will bring up all comments from people on this board that have been to this hotel...<BR><BR>Hope all this helps

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 01:22 PM
Adrienne

Hi Trisha: I stayed at the Pendini. It's in a perfect spot. It's comfortable and clean. The staff can't do enough for you. They're wonderful. It's like a B&B. They have a "living room". I don't want to call it a lobby because it's past the check-in desk and not in the middle of everything. It is slightly "tired" but very nice. It's on the 4th floor of the building. We loved it. I'm very picky about hotels I stay in, but the next time we go to Florence we will stay there if we can get in. Rick Steves recommends the Pendini, also. They have a pretty breakfast room. You won't go wrong staying there. I've spent a lot of time in Florence so if you have any questions, e-mail me. I studied Italian there and have been many other times.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 04:13 PM
Melissa

Trisha, if you do a search on this board there are many recommendations for the Pendini. My sister & I stayed there and we rather liked it. It was clean and they offer free email to guests. At the time they were giving these fab Italian mousepads to the guests free, which I still use today.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 10:19 AM
Esther

Has anyone stayed at the Pendini in the last few weeks? I was wondering if they are still doing construction/renovation? Thanks!

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 10:30 AM
Marilyn

I stayed at the Pendini last July and generally agree with other (positive) posters. Our room overlooked the piazza which was noisy but wonderful. I will probably stay elsewhere next time, but I think Pendini is very good value for the price.<BR><BR>One strange policy to be aware of: An Italian friend of mine came to the hotel to pick us (2 women) up for dinner and they would not let him go up to our room with us. We wanted to have a glass of wine and show him the wonderful view into the piazza, but they said it was hotel policy that only registered guests were allowed in the rooms. I found this very odd indeed, and rather off-putting, especially since it was quite clear that we were not trying to sneak in an additional non-paying overnight guest.