Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone stayed at Hotel Pendini in Florence recently?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2002, 11:04 AM
Arlene

We are leaving for Italy Thursday and plan to visit Rome, Florence, Venice, Nice & Paris. I've heard good things about all the hotels in the other cities, but not too much about Hotel Pendini in Florence. Has anyone stayed there recently? What did you think?

Old May 13th, 2002, 12:43 PM
jeanie

STAYED AT THE PENDINI TWICE....THE ROOMS ARE LARGE THE LOCATION IS WONDERFUL...RIGHT AT THE PIAZA DE REPUBLICA.....WALKING DISTANCE TO EVERYTHING...THE PENDINI IS ON THE TOP FLOORS OF AN OFFICE BUILDING...THE ELEVATOR IS SMALL....PEOPLE ARE VERY NICE THERE....THE BREAKFAST IS TYPICAL...CROISSANTS..TEA..COFEE AND JUICE.....SOME ROOMS ARE LARGER THEN OTHERS SO IF YOU GET A SMALL ROOM JUST ASK TO BE SWITCHED....BECAUSE SOME OF THE ROOMS ARE DOWN A FLOOR AND YOU HAVE TO GET THERE BY STAIRS NOT ELEVATOR...GO TO THE ROOM FIRST AND MAKE SURE YOU LIKE IT.....REALLY IS A NICE PENSIONE(HOTEL)...VERY POPULAR...IT'LL BE JUST FINE.<BR>SINCERELY,<BR>JEANIE

Old May 13th, 2002, 12:53 PM
Pendini

I've heard good things about all the hotels in the other cities, but not too much about Hotel Pendini in Florence. Has anyone stayed there recently? What did you think?<BR><BR>Last year it was okay, and the other poster summed it up. Every room is different, some with a view, some with space, some with neither, some with both. The front desk people were nice, but they steer you to places where they get a commission, so do your research before you go. First we had a room with windows over an alley, but we switched to a room with a view of the Duomo.

Old May 13th, 2002, 01:29 PM
Arlene

Thank you for all the great info. I will definitely ask to see the rooms first.

Old May 13th, 2002, 05:11 PM
x

Run a search on "Pendini" for this site. I know someone else just asked this question a few days ago.<BR><BR>BTW-I was in Florence a few weeks ago and saw that the Pendini was undergoing some renovation in the front of the hotel. YOu might want to find out if that had been completed.

Old May 13th, 2002, 05:31 PM
Burta

We stayed at the Pendini and enjoyed out visit there, although the bathroom was very small. It has a very nice breakfast room overlooking the square. The owners were very nice and there was a computer near the front desk for guest to use for e-mail, etc.

Old May 13th, 2002, 07:48 PM
Melissa

There are a ton of Pendini reviews on this site! I liked it. Loved the breakfast room. It was clean and pleasant, and in a good location, which is all you can really ask for.<BR><BR>I don't know if the hotel still gives out free mousepads as gifts to their customers--I still use mine and everyone ooohs and aaahs at it. My sister and I were impressed at the owners' tech-savvy; I guess that's why the free mousepads.