Reload this Page >

Flights out of Florence ???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 12:55 PM
Fluffy

Does anyone know if there is a flight from the Florence airport to Naples? <BR>Any info. would be helpful<BR>

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 01:57 PM
Rex

I'll go out on a limb, and guess that there is not. There is a flight from Rimini to Naples, but you could probably take the rain directly from Florence to Naples faster, than going by way of Rimini.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR><BR>

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 02:04 PM
Howard

Check with Alitalia. If anyone flies that route, it would be Alitalia.

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 02:09 PM
Belinda

I looked on Alitalia's website and it appears that you could fly from Florence to Naples but you must change planes in Rome. Each segment takes 1 hour. A train ride would take approx. 4 or 5 hours (depending on stops).

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 04:11 AM
Hi Fluffy

Hi Fluffy,<BR><BR> There are direct ES* trains between Firenze and Napoli every two hours from 08:55. Trip takes 3 1/2 hr. Fare in 1st cl is 63E one way.<BR><BR>see www.trenitalia.com

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 06:07 AM
Rex

Fluffy asked about _A_ flight. That seemed obvious to me that she meant ONE non-stop flight. Clearly you CAN fly from anywhere to anwhere if you connect.<BR><BR>I gave her the benefit of the doubt that she couldn't find anything on the major carriers, and so I looked on one less obvious resource: www.europebyair.com - - there are a variety of non-stop flights from Naples shown there - - and Rimini happens to be the closest one to Florence. And as I pointed out, that is almost surely irrelevant since Florence to Rimini is about 100 miles.<BR><BR>Checking out EuropeByAir doesn't prove that there is no other non-stop carrier, and so I had to make clear that I was making an educated guess that no such non-stop flight exists.<BR><BR>From this, Cristina concludes that perhaps I don't know anything about travel in Italy?<BR><BR>Well excuuuuuuse me.<BR>

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 06:35 AM
Judge

Cristina<BR>When I am looking for info of any kind on any topic, sometimes it helps when I hear someone say &quot;I guess.....&quot;.It shows me that they are interested enough in what I had to say to have some sort of answer.To me, its a better response than none at all.Besides,&quot;guessing&quot; is somewhat like rambling.You might come out with an answer,remember something,whatever.It might also spur me to remember something I had forgotten.IMHO, a forum is just that..open for discussion.And if I am allowed an asusmption, it would be that Rex as a regular poster and recognized expert on France,would probably know &quot;something&quot; rather than &quot;nothin&quot; about Italy.Like it has been said before,if you dont want to post, dont.

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 06:53 AM
I

How many would bother to read this forum if there were just questions with one correct answer for each? This forum is called travel talk, not Asperger´s Corner.

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 06:55 AM
gac

Take the Eurostar.

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 07:55 AM
Rex

Thanks, &quot;Judge&quot; (I think).<BR><BR>I am a regular poster. I am NOT a &quot;recognized expert&quot; - - on France, nor on any one other destination in Europe. I learned the danger of that word here quite some time ago.<BR>

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 09:02 PM
ttt

I'm waiting to hear from a friend who just flew this route, not sure if non-stop or not. Topping so won't forget to follow up.

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 05:04 AM
up

&quot;Topping&quot; never lasts more than a few hours. You might want to e-mail yourself this thread, together with its URL - - http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=2&amp;tid=34384182<BR><BR>That' s a good way to remember to look at a thread again later.<BR>

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 08:19 PM
ttt

Thanks UP, that is a good suggestion.<BR><BR>I heard from my friend and she assures me there are no direct flights from Florence to Naples, she always changes in Rome and says it is really simple on Alitalia. She takes the train more frequently if her schedule allows and prefers that to flying.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 10:01 AM
Alice Twain

Fluffy:<BR><BR>As others have pointed out, a train might be a better choice than flying. I can assure you that Eurostar trains are more comfortables than airplanes (even in second class and unless you are extrenely tall), the ride takes some 4 hours and the price will be far lover. Italy is a smallish and compact country, therefore inner flights are few except for a few routes (From the main cities to Rome and from Sicily and Sardinia to the main cities). people perfer to go by train since it is cheaper and usually takes even less time. In order to fly from Florence to Naples, even if you found a direct flight, you would need to be at the airport at least one hour before the flight, this means leaving Florence at least one hour and a half before the flight, the flight itself would take 1 hour (approx.) than, if you have any luggage, it would take you one hour ore to collect your bags and make ready leave the airport, that you would have to wait for a taxy or a bus to the center of Naples and reach the center of Naples: This whole tri might take you as long by airplane as by train, with the difference that it would be much more distressing and tiring to go by airplane than just take a train that leaves from the center of Florence and leave the train in the very center of Naples and spending 4 hours comfortably seated and with a bar close at hand.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 03:10 PM
Fluffy

Hi everyone, thanks for all the info. It looks like the Euro star is the way to go.<BR>Rex you have helped me on numerous occasions and your advice is always welcome and respected.<BR>Fluffy<BR>to the top

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 03:52 PM
Rex

Thanks for the kind words, Fluffy. I'm almost surprised that the post by Cristina, criticizing me was deleted. By the same token, the &quot;excuuuuuse me&quot; post from me should perhaps now be deleted.<BR><BR>Or maybe it doesn't matter, the person asking for info got an answer she can use.<BR>