Search

from CDG

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 09:56 AM
Ron

from CDG

Can anybody tell me the best way to from CDG to the 8th arr. We have a party of 9!! thanks for the help<BR>

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 10:02 AM
xxx

Taxis

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 10:04 AM
Ed

Air France to CDG then taxi?

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 11:53 AM
Ira

Hi Ron<BR> Try <BR>http://paris-cdg.com/transportation.html<BR><BR> You might find a van for less than bus/taxi or train/taxi.

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 10:17 PM
Betsy

Contact Mark at Paris Shuttle, (parishuttle.com). If you put in Paris Shuttle as key words here you'll pull up a whole mess of messages regarding their service. You can arrange for everything via e-mail. Then with a call upon arrival (they speak english), you'll have your van, (or vans), waiting to take you into the city at a reasonable price.

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 11:30 AM
ab

If you choose Parishuttle, I wish you good luck.

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 01:57 PM
Christina

If you are within walking distance of the Arc de Triomphe, I would definitely take the Air France shuttle because it goes right there, and is convenient and cheap if you don't need a taxi add-on.

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 02:14 PM
Greg

Definitely parishuttle for that many people.

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 02:14 PM
SEH

5 of us arrived CDG and took the RER train into the city. Before we left I had studied both the layout of the airport and the Paris metro map. We bought our train ticket at the airport and took the RER into Les Halles (we were staying the in 1st) which is a major stop and not too far from where we stayed. Lots of underground walkways made things easy so we were not hauling our stuff all over the streets of Paris. Once in the city we purchased a 7 zone transportation pass (yes, we did use it A LOT!) so leaving for the airport at the end of our trip was a snap. We found this very convenient, but you must do a little homework (and travel light - we each had 1 bag) or it will be very frustrating.

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 05:00 AM
Fred

3 taxis. Be smart. Start your vacation the right way, no hassels, no problems, no delays, no waiting for shuttles to show up and drop off other people, no schlepping luggage through long halls of the metro and up and down steps, door to door service. Walk outside the terminal and get on the taxi line. Don't take the drivers standing out there - very expensive. Take the taxis with &quot;Taxi Parisien&quot; sign on the roof. Should run you about $40 depending on traffic and amount of luggage. For more Paris information go to www.anamericaninparis.com

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 05:35 AM
SiDFresh

Just take the RER &amp; then the Metro!

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:33 PM
sss

Fred - ENOUGH about that darn website!

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:19 PM
sebastian

be smart use the parishuttle and take no notice of Fred and his useless info.<BR>He does not live in Paris so his info is not credible in any shape or form.

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 05:15 AM
Nb

It's approximately 40-45 euro each per taxi so you'll need 3 taxis for a total of 135 euro.<BR><BR>Parishuttle is around 15 euro per person w/discount so the total is 135 euro.<BR><BR>It's the same cost so I would definitely take the taxis which are readily available. If you take the shuttle better be there at the exact time you let the co. know you've gotten your luggage or else the driver will leave without you.

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 06:48 AM
Flash

Our recent experience with Paris Shuttle was good with one exception. We were told to meet the driver at departure level 16. Turns out there are 2 departure 16's. This is of course a fault of the airport. We and two other groups were all waiting at the wrong one for 20-30 minutes before someone figured it out. The driver did wait for us and took it all in stride. We picked Paris Shuttle because it was non-smoking even though it cost a little more than some other shuttles. Would love to know how to get a discount.

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 07:02 AM
crusty

I would walk before I would try the RER again. <BR><BR>

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 11:02 PM
Man

Is the RER covered with and Eurail pass? If not how much to the city center?

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 11:49 PM
madeleine

You get a shuttle discount when you contact mark direct [email protected]<BR>There were 12 of us &amp; he gave us a huge van , I think there was 15 places and we only paid 13 euros per person.<BR>much cheaper than god knows how many taxis <BR>

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 09:56 AM
Christina

The fare from CDG to central Paris is about 8 euro for the RER/metro. <BR><BR>I doubt if a Eurail pass would cover it because SNCF only manages part of the RER B line, RATP (Parisian metro system) manages the other part, which I think is past Gare du Nord (not sure on the exact point). A Eurail pass might cover the part managed by SNCF, but few people would use a rail pass for such a cheap fare, although I guess if you had used that day already on the train, there might be a reason. SNCF manages some of the RER lines entirely (like A) and part of others, it is complicated.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 02:37 PM
david

Just back from France with my family. Took Parishuttle with Mark's discount with party of 8. Driver very courteous, waited for us despite having to fill out forms for lost luggage. Have done this all three ways (taxi, rail, shuttle) Shuttle is definitely the least hassle with a group that large, and keeps the group together.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Your Privacy Choices -