Family Hotels in Paris

Old May 28th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Family Hotels in Paris

Any suggestions on a hotel which will 'allow' kids? While trying to make summer reservations, at even the finest American-sized hotels, I am discovering that if you mention you are traveling with children...nothing is available. Yet if I don't mention the children, I am offered a suite which sleeps 4. It's very odd to this American... any help on where to stay with two adults and three Children (ages 8.9 and 10)??
Old May 28th, 2006, 10:31 AM

I find that odd too. With whom have you been speaking?
Old May 28th, 2006, 10:35 AM

Hotel du Palais Bourbon in the 7th has family rooms, and we were there when a family had two rooms. Bon chance!
Old May 28th, 2006, 11:54 AM
ira

Hi oby,

>...if I don't mention the children, I am offered a suite which sleeps 4. ....where to stay with two adults and three Children (ages 8.9 and 10)??<

If you had only 2 children you would be offered the same room for 4.

You are asking for a room for 5.

Old May 28th, 2006, 12:03 PM

I think you will have a hard time finding a room/suite for 5 people. You may need to go with 2 rooms. Many hotels have adjoining family rooms. On one of our visits to Paris we stayed at the Relais Bosquet Hotel in the 7th Arr. and they had family rooms (I actually saw them when the maid was cleaning). Two rooms is a good way to get 2 bathrooms two, even if the kids are young it's going to be inconvenient with 5 people using one bathroom.
Old May 28th, 2006, 04:34 PM

Agree rooms with beds for 5 are quite rare. It's not the children that are the problem it's that there are 5 of you. (Rooms for 4 are rare enough - 5 is often a problemeven in the US.)

Wouldn;t you be better off with 2 rooms - so you get 2 baths - rather than all squashing in together - or are all the children very young?
Old May 28th, 2006, 08:03 PM

I think there are only a couple hotels in Paris that have rooms for five people. I think that is pretty odd myself, that you expect a room for five, even in the US I think that isn't very common.
Old May 28th, 2006, 08:09 PM

FYI, here is one of the few Parisian hotels with rooms for five people:

http://www.hotel-marignan.com/

It is strictly a budget hotel, though (I think 1*), but if you don't want much, it could be suitable. It does have a good location for tourism, not far from Notre Dame in a nice neighborhood.
Old May 29th, 2006, 04:41 AM

also mentioned elsewhere, you can't reserve a room for 4 and then put 5 in there. it may be against the safety regs of the hotel.
Old May 29th, 2006, 02:29 PM

Paris hotels want to book their rooms and summer is tourist season for families, I can't think of why they'd want to squeeze you out of booking a room just because you mention having children with you.
What they may be objecting to is 5 people in one room, even if 3 of the people are smaller. Even if a hotel has a room for five, it sounds quite crowded to me; you might want to consider two adjoining doubles, and add an extra bed to one of the rooms. I'd be surprised in a room for five that the bed configuration would be exactly what you want anyway.