Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Paris - Hotel Brighton won't let 4 of us stay in their junior suite. Help?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8th, 2003, 07:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After doing months of research & having our heart set on the Hotel Brighton, (because of the views & location), I tried to make our reservation for next July. We are a family of 4 (two kids 9 & 16), so we figured the junior suite would be perfect. It has twin beds & a sofa bed. If need be we thought they would have a roll-in cot. Anyway they said only 3 people were allowed in this room. Although an email from them 2 months ago said we could have our family of 4 in there. Now they will not allow it. They wanted my wife & I to take the junior suite for the 240. euro & the kids get a room down the hall for another 165. euro. I don't think so - 405. euro per night for 4 nights? A little too much for us. So besides being frustrated & disapointed on not getting the room we were set on, now we have to start all over again. So I could use anybodys help. My family's first time in Paris, we would like a view or balcony in a very central location. Ay ideas out there? Thanks for listening.
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 07:08 AM

Hi
I believe the Palais Bourbon is one of many hotels that has quad rooms.
It is often praised here and elsewhere, and has a good location.
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 07:35 AM

We stayed in a quad at the Grand Hotel St. Michel, although it didn't have a balcony or view (but it was very quiet, it faced a courtyard). It's located in the Latin Qtr, near Sorbonne and Luxembourg Gardens. We liked the location. It was a 2 room suite. A bit cramped but managable. The living room area had a day bed and they put a rollaway in there.
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 07:39 AM

When contacting hotels, make sure you specify that you are a family of 4 (quad or family room). European rooms are small and rooms for 4 are much harder to come by than in the states.
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 07:48 AM

I topped a thread from NYT travel section last Sun., which mentioned a hotel with triple and quad rooms.
www.hotelbellevue75.com
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 12:09 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone. I will try your suggestions.
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 12:51 PM

Le Meridien Montparnessee will let 4 people stay in 1 room--nice big hotel rooms with big bath (looks like a Marriott or Hyatt in the US). I found a very good internet rate through their website for last spring. Very convenient to Metro. I think we paid approx 169 Euros per night.
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 01:52 PM

We (a family of 4) stayed at Hotel Relais Bosquet. We got 2 superior rooms (which at the time cost 160 euros each). We loved the location near Rue Cler and walking distance to the Eiffel Tower.

By getting 2 rooms, we got 2 bathrooms and 2 showers! We also looked into Hotel Fleurie which has a family room, but it was pricier than the 2 rooms at the Relais Bosquet. Another plus to Relais Bosquet is that it has air conditioning, which you might need in July. We went in June 2 summers ago and it was HOT, HOT, HOT while we were there (in the upper 90's)! Make sure you find a hotel with AC in July, as you never know.
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 04:54 PM

Hi, My wife and I took our family to Paris a few years ago. Our kids were 11, 9, and 8 months. We ended up finding a room for the 5 of us at the Grand Hotel Jeanne D'arc in the Marais. We had 2 doubles beds, and a small alcove where they set up a crib for the 8 month old. It was a little tight, but we were fine. We didn't spend much time in the room anyway. The room had a really nice bathroom, and was very clean. It was also in a nice area. We found a great pastry shop around the corner. We sill talk about those chocolate croissants and the quiche we used to pick up every morning. It was not expensive at all, think we paid less than $100 a night.

The hotel is not fancy, but we thought it was a pretty good deal.